Problem Connecting 2nd Rev Extension

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem Connecting 2nd Rev Extension

We are trying to add a 2nd Rev Extension Hub and having problems. I watched video and read the Rev guide. I individually adjusted the id/address for both units. I assigned the main unit (connected via USB to phone) as 2 and the add on unit as 3. I wired the power from the first to 2nd unit and added the 3 pin JST connector to the RS485 port on both units.
    When I go into configure robot and edit a config or try to add a new one, I do not see the 2nd expansion hub under the portal of the 1st - it is always just the main hub listed.
    I have tried multiple app closes and power cycles (phone and Revs) to no avail. Any help would be greatly appreciated, as we have a qualifier tomorrow.

Did you scan the bus with BOTH hubs connected and powered up (flashing blue)?

note: Once you scan the bus with only one hub attached, it will not automatically add a second hub.

If you did try scanning both, did you see any change in the LED activity on either/both hubs.

Comment

I was under the impression that a scan occurred when you create a new config. Even so, I created new config and selected scan and same results - only the 1st hub shows under the portal. I've tried two phones, two different 2nd hubs, many, many cycles, etc. No glory.
      I am using the black, blue, and white cable that came with the Rev unit. Is this the correct cable? I am plugging in to the RS485 on both hubs - and I've tried both ports.
      I will have a different cable tonight - will try that.
      Any other tips?

Comment

BTW, the first hub flashes blue when there is no config set and there is 12V power and phone connected. The 2nd hub is solid blue.

Comment

Problem solved - it was a bad 3 pin JST wire in the pack from Rev. 2.5 hours that I will never get back. Philbot - Thanks for the suggestions.

Comment

Working...
          X