Wifi Direct passwords

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wifi Direct passwords

So has anyone else been caught up when the randomly generated Wifi direct password comes up with confusing letter/number combinations? Like you see something there that could be an I or an l or a 1 and you can't quite make out which it is so you end up having to try all combinations? And the worst is when there are multiple confusing characters so you have to try combinations: OjsaIl0lI for example makes it very confusing.

Would it be possible to have the randomly generated passwords use a subset of characters that avoid confusion so that we know it will always be one of the three and never need to guess? Is it just us having this problem or do other teams notice it?

Source Code Pro Demo.PNG

Each of the characters displayed in the passphrase on the actual RC should be distinct. Above is an example passphrase, and the passphrase on the phone should resemble something similar in the format of the characters, most notably zeros have a dot in the middle of the actual glyph representing the character. Similar serifs can be found to easily distinguish capital i and lowercase l.

If the passphrase only appears as OjsaIl0lI, it should not be. That is an issue.

Comment

Originally posted by dmssargent View Post
      Source Code Pro Demo.PNG

Each of the characters displayed in the passphrase on the actual RC should be distinct. Above is an example passphrase, and the passphrase on the phone should resemble something similar in the format of the characters, most notably zeros have a dot in the middle of the actual glyph representing the character. Similar serifs can be found to easily distinguish capital i and lowercase l.

If the passphrase only appears as OjsaIl0lI, it should not be. That is an issue.
      Are you saying that we should be seeing the passphrase like you show in the picture? If so, where should that be showing up? We have been looking in the About dialog and it does not show up like that there.

Comment

The Program & Manage screen provides the easier to read passphrase I was talking about above.

Comment

Working...
        X