Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hands-Free Activation!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Hands-Free Activation!!

    Hi,

    I have been having this problem from last year. I tried searching for problems but found no solution. I have continuously having that problem.
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B9H...ew?usp=sharing
    Thanks,
    Programmer - FTC Delta Kappa

  • #2
    What we did that worked was removing the SIM card from the phone and putting it into airplane mode.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by RollerCoaster45 View Post
      What we did that worked was removing the SIM card from the phone and putting it into airplane mode.
      But airplane mode will remove wifi, which will also turn off wifi and wifi direct.
      Thanks,
      Programmer - FTC Delta Kappa

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by bassamali01 View Post
        But airplane mode will remove wifi, which will also turn off wifi and wifi direct.
        Yes, but after you turn on airplane mode, you can turn Wi-Fi back on manually, and airplane mode will stay engaged.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by bassamali01 View Post
          Hi,

          I have been having this problem from last year. I tried searching for problems but found no solution. I have continuously having that problem.
          https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B9H...ew?usp=sharing
          Here is a video showing the fastest way to properly setup a ZTE phone.

          https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n597U6rcl2Y

          Comment


          • #6
            Moto 4g Play Legal?

            Originally posted by Philbot View Post
            Here is a video showing the fastest way to properly setup a ZTE phone.

            https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n597U6rcl2Y
            Hey Phil,

            Saw your youtube video about setting up the Moto 4g Play, and was hoping you could point us in the right direction for confirmation that FIRST has added this phone to the legal list?

            It's not in the current manual, and our judges here are (understandably) pretty strict, so if we need to keep documentation with us at events we'd like to have it on hand.

            Makes perfect sense, same line, Snapdragon processor, etc. etc. just want to be safe before we start price shopping.

            Thanks for your help on this, and again for all the great tutorial videos!
            Michael P Clark
            Founding Mentor, FTC 9958
            http://www.redfishrobotics.com
            "We're Hooked on FIRST"

            Comment


            • #7
              To get an official answer that is likely to be accepted by judges at an event, you are probably best off posting using the official questions process.

              The Game Q&A Forum is a moderated forum. Questions posted here will be answered by an "Official Game Expert".

              Teams registered for the current FTC season may post to this forum using a System Generated login and password.

              To obtain your login and password:

              Log in to the Team Information Management System (TIMS) https://my.usfirst.org/ftc/tims/site.lasso
              Click the edit prompt that appears to the right of your team number
              Look to the right hand side of the Team Summary page and locate your Forum login and password
              It is important to note that your post will not be visible until it's answered and approved by an "Official Game Expert"

              Comment


              • #8
                We are having the same problem. It didn't happen last year. We set our phones up like Philbot shows in his awesome video. We removed SIM card and turned on airplane mode. That annoying message keeps popping up. It replaces toFTC apps.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by RedfishRobotics View Post
                  Hey Phil,

                  Saw your youtube video about setting up the Moto 4g Play, and was hoping you could point us in the right direction for confirmation that FIRST has added this phone to the legal list?

                  It's not in the current manual, and our judges here are (understandably) pretty strict, so if we need to keep documentation with us at events we'd like to have it on hand.

                  Makes perfect sense, same line, Snapdragon processor, etc. etc. just want to be safe before we start price shopping.

                  Thanks for your help on this, and again for all the great tutorial videos!

                  Sorry for the late reply on this.
                  I was waiting for the announcement to be official on this, so my video was unlisted, but I added it to my playlist and I guess that listed it. My bad.
                  I never want to get ahead of any official announcements, but there it is. Only an official ruling from FIRST counts for anything.

                  I believe the G4 Play was made legal in the latest Game Manual 1 update, but it appears that although the link "version" has been updated, it's still pointing to the old manual. D'oh!
                  I passed that info on, but it's still hanging out there.

                  Look for an official announcement soon, and keep checking the latest Game 1 manual for the one that was updated on the listed 10-24-2016.

                  Phil.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    What about the "hands free activation problem"? Every time we shut the phones down and restart, it happens.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by tvsknights View Post
                      What about the "hands free activation problem"? Every time we shut the phones down and restart, it happens.
                      I have NEVER seen this occur, other than after I do a factory reset on a phone.

                      It makes me think you have skipped a step in the setup somewhere.

                      Phil.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        We did the setup last year and never had this problem. It just started this year and it only occurs on one phone.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by tvsknights View Post
                          We did the setup last year and never had this problem. It just started this year and it only occurs on one phone.
                          Perhaps someone changed a setting by accident. It's easy to do.

                          It only takes 5 minutes to do a factory reset, and then re-do the full setup.
                          I did it a dozen times when getting the setup sequence down.

                          Settings / Backup and Reset / Factory Data Reset...

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by RedfishRobotics View Post
                            Hey Phil,

                            Saw your youtube video about setting up the Moto 4g Play, and was hoping you could point us in the right direction for confirmation that FIRST has added this phone to the legal list?

                            Thanks for your help on this, and again for all the great tutorial videos!
                            It's now official:

                            https://firstinspiresst01.blob.core....ual-part-1.pdf

                            Updated for real now.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Thanks

                              Originally posted by Philbot View Post
                              Perhaps someone changed a setting by accident. It's easy to do.

                              It only takes 5 minutes to do a factory reset, and then re-do the full setup.
                              I did it a dozen times when getting the setup sequence down.

                              Settings / Backup and Reset / Factory Data Reset...
                              Good advice, Phil. Thanks again.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X