Having trouble opening op file on robot controller

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Having trouble opening op file on robot controller

With our first competition less than a week away, we're starting to panic. We're using MIT app inventor, and have created a simple op-mode to drive forward using the online help from the FTC site. When we try to download the .apk file to the robot controller, we configured the robot controller with the motor names used when creating the op-mode, but when we try to find the op-mode on the driver's station, it comes up with a list of files that we have no idea where they came from, and we can't find the one that we actually want to use. We're finding this very frustrating

Update: We found that we were missing the FTCOpmode1 part. We placed that in and found it on our device. When we start the program, we can see that we're pushing buttons on the controller, but there is no movement.

Comment

First, if you see a list of opmodes that you don't recognize, you probably have the "release version of the FTC Robot Controller app" installed. (You may have gotten it from the Play store or from the FTC App Inventor Download page http://frc-events.usfirst.org/2015/ftcimages)
      You need to uninstall that FtcRobotController app. If you don't uninstall it, then when you connect the robot, it might launch the FtcRobotController app instead of your app.

Second, make sure you press the Start key and the A button simultaneously on the gamepad to activate the gamepad as #1. To activate a gamepad as #2, press the Start key and the B button simultaneously.

If those tips don't solve the problem, post a picture of your blocks and I'll try to find a solution.

Comment

Originally posted by Comrade 17 View Post
        First, if you see a list of opmodes that you don't recognize, you probably have the "release version of the FTC Robot Controller app" installed. (You may have gotten it from the Play store or from the FTC App Inventor Download page http://frc-events.usfirst.org/2015/ftcimages)
        You need to uninstall that FtcRobotController app. If you don't uninstall it, then when you connect the robot, it might launch the FtcRobotController app instead of your app.
        Once I've deleted the robot controller app, how do I run my teleop program?

Comment

We are extremely new to this, we just got our computer working with the virtual server Friday of last week and started trying to create simple code to make the robot go forward, backward, and turn so our kids could get some practice. We've tried to follow the directions about downloading the the Driver's Station app and the Robot Controller app from the Google Play Store. We've downloaded our opmode to the robot controller app, but can't find it on the driver station app.

Comment

We've created an op for teleop based on one of the modules on Intelitek. When we we download it to the robot controller phone, configure it, and then try to select the op mode on the driver control station phone, we don't see our op that we configured, rather, we see a bunch of op's that we have no idea where they come from (push bot, k9-somethingorother, etc.)

https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...TBxV3hqQ0VIQVU

Comment

In case that link didn't work, try this:

Comment

Hey, Guys!

I believe that your issue is that your are running the FTC Pre-set code.
                How did you download your new program onto the Robot Controller phone? I send mine over an email and then it opens in a new screen and I install. This is the best way I have found to get the code on.
                The issue, I believe, is that you are not running your new controller App. When you write the code in App inventor you are literally creating a new app. The OP mode will not be located under the FTC app but rather a different one.

Does that make sense?

Comment

Originally posted by Nindroids View Post
                  We've created an op for teleop based on one of the modules on Intelitek. When we we download it to the robot controller phone, configure it, and then try to select the op mode on the driver control station phone, we don't see our op that we configured, rather, we see a bunch of op's that we have no idea where they come from (push bot, k9-somethingorother, etc.)

The names of the op modes that you saw (push bot, k9...) are the op modes that come in the Robot Controller app from the Play Store. The directions that tell you to download the Robot Controller app from the Google Play Store should be changed. At the very beginning, if you haven't started writing your own app, it can be fun to use the Robot Controller app from the Google Play Store to try out your robot.

However, once you start writing your own app, you must uninstall the Robot Controller app that you got from the Play Store.

Please uninstall the Robot Controller app and then install your own app that you created with App Inventor.

Comment

Working...
                  X