Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

App Inventor connecting problems

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • App Inventor connecting problems

    Hello guys,
    I have finished making an app for the controller, but I have trouble put the app into the ZTE phone.
    Do anyone here know how to transfer it into the ZTE phone?
    Seb

  • #2
    we plug the phone in and make sure it is set to Media Device. The computer lists it like a flash drive. In the downloads window, where the App Inventor saves the complied program, we just drag the file to the phone. It loads instantly. You then have to go to the file manager on the phone and install the app. Make sure you have set the phone to accept apps from unknown sources.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by tvsknights View Post
      we plug the phone in and make sure it is set to Media Device. The computer lists it like a flash drive. In the downloads window, where the App Inventor saves the complied program, we just drag the file to the phone. It loads instantly. You then have to go to the file manager on the phone and install the app. Make sure you have set the phone to accept apps from unknown sources.
      hi ves,

      tvsknights instructions are a good place to start if you have a Windows machine. If you configure the phone to appear as a media device you can drag and drop the apk file onto the phone via the file explorer.

      you can also refer to the appropriate Install Guide (there is one for Mac and one for Windows) on the FTC App Inventor launch page:

      http://frc-events.usfirst.org/2015/ftcimages

      The Install Guides have info about how to install the apps to your phone once you have generated them with the App Inventor.

      Tom

      Comment


      • #4
        Tom,

        Sorry for making the question unclear.

        My problem is I don't know how to transfer the program from App Inventor which is inside the virtual box to the ZTE phones.

        Thank you
        ves

        Comment


        • #5
          When you are happy with the program you have developed using App Inventor's Designer and Blocks screens you use the Build function at the top to create an APK on your laptop. When the build is complete your Chrome browser will give you the file name at the bottom of the screen. You can select the show-in-folder option, find your new file and then find your (USB-cabled) phone under Computer in File Explorer. Expand the phone listing until you finds its Download folder. Drag the new APK file from its location on your computer (usually its Download folder) to the Download folder on the phone.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by ves View Post
            Tom,

            Sorry for making the question unclear.

            My problem is I don't know how to transfer the program from App Inventor which is inside the virtual box to the ZTE phones.

            Thank you
            ves
            Hi Ves,

            If you look at the FTC App Inventor install guide (windows or mac... select the one for your OS) it will show you how to transfer the program from App Inventor to your local computer's hard drive, then to your Android device.

            Since we are running the App Inventor locally, you cannot use the QR code mechanism.

            You can read and/or download the install guide from the FTC App Inventor download page:

            http://frc-events.usfirst.org/2015/ftcimages

            Tom

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by schaferbw View Post
              When you are happy with the program you have developed using App Inventor's Designer and Blocks screens you use the Build function at the top to create an APK on your laptop. When the build is complete your Chrome browser will give you the file name at the bottom of the screen. You can select the show-in-folder option, find your new file and then find your (USB-cabled) phone under Computer in File Explorer. Expand the phone listing until you finds its Download folder. Drag the new APK file from its location on your computer (usually its Download folder) to the Download folder on the phone.
              The virtual box does not allow the phone to appear. If we go to file explorer there is no phone. We are using google drive to transfer files from the VB to Windows to the Phone.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Michael View Post
                The virtual box does not allow the phone to appear. If we go to file explorer there is no phone. We are using google drive to transfer files from the VB to Windows to the Phone.
                Hi Michael,

                When you build your APK file (through the web browser that runs on your local PC, not the virtual server), does the web browser download the apk from the virtual server onto your local computer's hard drive?

                Once the phone is on your local computer's hard drive you can use your local computer's Windows Explorer to transfer the APK file to your Android smart phone.

                Tom

                Comment

                Working...
                X