Expected Release Date for App Inventor Blocks for FTC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Expected Release Date for App Inventor Blocks for FTC

Do we have an ETA on when the MIT App Inventor Blocks will be available for public use? I am planning on using this as part of my robotics classroom and wanted to get as much of a head start as possible in redesigning my curriculum.

+1 We need to get a head start on learning the new environment and want to test last year's robot with the new hardware/software!

Comment

+1 more....I agree,

Comment

Mentors need to learn first!!!

Originally posted by FTC6981 View Post
        +1 more....I agree,

I agree I am in the exact same position. I do not know anything about Java or MIT app inventor but I will somehow be teaching it next year! FIRST, PLEASE help us out! We NEED this information!

Comment

Hi Everyone - We are working on making the blocks available as soon as possible. I appreciate your patience...

I will try and get an ETA for you soon. Thanks!

Tom

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Eng View Post
            Hi Everyone - We are working on making the blocks available as soon as possible. I appreciate your patience...

I will try and get an ETA for you soon. Thanks!

Tom
            Do we know yet? I'm slightly panic-y because we were in the middle of learning C++ when the change happened. My team is crawling along learning Java from a site for free- (udemy.com) but I'm nervous about the AP developer. How will the big announcement be made when it comes out? Will FTC send all former teams a newsletter update? So we can stop bugging you
            Brandy

Comment

Originally posted by [email protected] View Post
              I agree I am in the exact same position. I do not know anything about Java or MIT app inventor but I will somehow be teaching it next year! FIRST, PLEASE help us out! We NEED this information!
              I too have a new rookie team and will need to get ahead of this and try to plan some training for the kids. And I know nothing about Java or Android. Any estimate on when this would be available would go along way to helping rookie or inexperienced teams plan their summer training sessions.

Thank you.

Comment

Hi Folks,

We are hoping to get something out there pretty soon. Hang tight! Thanks for your continued patience.

Tom

Comment

Working...
                X