Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IP address to access the blocks GUI blocked or unavaliable

Hello there.

Is anyone else unable to access the ip given by the RC phone app to get to the blocks UI?
    We can't get past it and it doesn't seem to be an issue with the Firewall. Windows 10.

We're using a Windows 10 laptop and a Samsung Galaxy S5 Robot Controller.

Does Windows 10 report that it has successfully connected to the Samsung's Wifi hotspot before you attempt to use the IP address? Which web browser are you using? What error message do you get?

Comment

Originally posted by schaferbw View Post
      Does Windows 10 report that it has successfully connected to the Samsung's Wifi hotspot before you attempt to use the IP address? Which web browser are you using? What error message do you get?
      Yes, however as soon as we hit search to go to the ip address the connection details change from "connected safe" to "no internet safe" while showing the yellow sign over the Wi-Fi icon. We are using Chrome browser. The message we get is "Site can't be reached".

We sometimes cannot even connect to the network because:
      a. The phone creates a network named differently from what we see on our computer. E.g. The network shown on the programming tab on the RC phone is named "DIRECT-Hp-1234-RC" while the computer shows "DIRECT-Wf-1234-RC". Using the given password times out after 15-30 seconds with the message "cannot connect to network". Using a random password does give us a wrong password error.

b. The names are correct but we're given the same error as in case a.

Comment

The "no internet safe" message is probably fine because your computer does not have Internet access while it is WiFi-connected to the RC phone, which does not have Internet access.
        Regarding the "Hp" vs "Wf", do you happen to have more than one RC phone?
        I suspect the "Site can't be reached" is related to the firewall on your computer but I can't be sure because my laptop doesn't have the same kind of firewall.
        Another possibility is the RC phone is dropping the WiFi connection because it's not paired with the DS phone. Can you confirm that the DS and RC phones are paired? Are both phones in Airplane mode with WiFi turned back on?

Comment

The different names issue hasn't made its presence for a while. We have never used more than one RC phone at a time. Both DS and RC are in aeroplane mode and had Wi-Fi turned turned back on.
          As of "Site can't be reached" giving the error ERR_NETWORK_ACCESS_DENIED, there indeed is some interference with the Windows 10 firewall. The IP address is allowed in all cases in both inbound and outbound rules, however we're still unable to access the GUI from our any of our Windows 10 computers. I may be applying the wrong config, for it has worked with another computer using Mac OS. Is there any Firewall troubleshooting guide specifically for Blocks users?

Comment

Sometimes, the phones will CHANGE the network name once they are up and running. This may be due to changing channels. The middle two letters change for some reason.

If the name the phone shows does not match the PC, I usually restart (swipe off) the APP, and the PC's network by (disabling the wireless network, and then re-enabling it).
            After this, both devices usually show the same network name.

Comment

Originally posted by Philbot View Post
              Sometimes, the phones will CHANGE the network name once they are up and running. This may be due to changing channels. The middle two letters change for some reason.

If the name the phone shows does not match the PC, I usually restart (swipe off) the APP, and the PC's network by (disabling the wireless network, and then re-enabling it).
              After this, both devices usually show the same network name.

Today this is what we have been doing to get the same network names. Do you know what could be going on with the Firewall or whatever is blocking us from accessing the IP? We're still unable to program from Windows 10 computers while Mac OS works.

Comment

Working...
              X