X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FTC9215
    replied
    We are team #9215 from Iowa. Yay to the new vuforia targets and tensor flow!

Leave a comment:

• Comrade 17
    replied
    Originally posted by JohnDStrand View Post
    FTC Team 13057 GET SMART from Lake City, FL is using Blockly. we find it to be a fast way to get a robot up and running. Delving deeper into how to create our own blocks and pocssibly add object recognition to Vuforia.

I wonder if we can call Java methods in function?
    I'm glad you are having success with Blocks! At this time, you can't create your own blocks and you can't call Java methods from Blocks. It is possible to use Blocks to load different xml/data files into Vuforia, but Vuforia object recognition doesn't work very well for the minerals (even from Java) and is not recommended.

Leave a comment:

• JohnDStrand
    replied
    FTC Team 13057 GET SMART from Lake City, FL is using Blockly. we find it to be a fast way to get a robot up and running. Delving deeper into how to create our own blocks and pocssibly add object recognition to Vuforia.

I wonder if we can call Java methods in function?

Leave a comment:

• FLARE
    replied
    Originally posted by TSM FIRST Robotics View Post
    Hello,

I am a coach for a rookie team and I am freaking out a bit. Tomorrow is our qualifier, and im having technical difficulties with getting our robot to move. I don't know if its the direct wifi or something else, but I'm not having any luck. Any ideas?
    I would suggest creating a new post, as it may get missed by being buried in this longer thread.

Also please include some more details about your issue, any messages you are receiving, the hardware you are using, and what you have already tried.

Leave a comment:

• TSM FIRST Robotics
    replied
    Hello,

I am a coach for a rookie team and I am freaking out a bit. Tomorrow is our qualifier, and im having technical difficulties with getting our robot to move. I don't know if its the direct wifi or something else, but I'm not having any luck. Any ideas?

Leave a comment:

• Champlain
    replied
    We're 8526 Aluminum Avian Antics from Grand Isle, VT. Third change of programming for our team...first was Labview, then App inventor, now this Blocks thing! I'm a parent/coach who knows nothing about programming, so it's basically all the kids. . .hopefully they can pick this new system up quickly and efficiently!

Leave a comment:

• FTC0273
    replied
    Hello! I am a second year coach - first year using Blockly. We had to depend on Gracious Professionalism last year to get a program written for our robot. this year I am strucggling with programming the servos. I will request help at the Blockly sub-forum. oh and I'm from the American School for the Deaf in CT.

Leave a comment:

• ENinja24
    replied
    We are from Michigan competing in the competition at Kettering University

Leave a comment:

• ENinja24
    replied
    Greetings from Teams 2975 and 9500. RoboRaiders and Raider Bots

Leave a comment:

• schaferbw
    replied
    Hey,

I have a question about not being able to configure my phones to connect to the app inventor? I connected the robot controller phone to the robot battery and made sure the battery was turned on. I also made sure that the controller was connected to the phone and that the wifi and airplane modes were on for both phones. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong.
    If you are attempting to use App Inventor rather than Blocks Programming please create a new post on the following App Inventor subforum:
    http://ftcforum.usfirst.org/forumdis...T-App-Inventor
    In the meantime, you may find this YouTube playlist helpful: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...sEmCEXa1HylIan

If you are attempting to use Blocks Programming, please create a new post in this subforum with a subject that gives the subject of your question is and then restate your question in the body. In the meantime you may find this YouTube playlist helpful: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...enKZoQgtrHi1on

Leave a comment:

• TSM FIRST Robotics
    replied
    Hey,

I have a question about not being able to configure my phones to connect to the app inventor? I connected the robot controller phone to the robot battery and made sure the battery was turned on. I also made sure that the controller was connected to the phone and that the wifi and airplane modes were on for both phones. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong.

Leave a comment:

• razalas
    replied
    FTC Team 13392 Party Penguin Disco Panda, from just outside of Houston, Texas.

Leave a comment:

• FTC9978
    replied
    FTC Team 9978, Avengers Tech. We are a 3rd year FTC team with many team members growing up through FLL. This is our first year using Blocks, our members that are using it, love it compared to App Inventor we used in the past! It's much faster to make changes and get running.

Leave a comment:

• FTC13830
    replied
    South East Junior High is Iowa City's largest junior high. 50%FFRL, 40% Black and Hispanic/Latino/a, we had five rookie teams for FTC last year and added two more teams for this year's FTC. All teams are using Blocks, with two of our teams also using Java onBot.

#11271 RoboTux, #11271 RoboTux, #11478 -cuberoot(-i pi)!, #11480 Hyperspeed, #11481 daVinci RoboMentality, #13830 Panthers, #13857 Tekkaton

Leave a comment:

• FTC9765
    replied
    Hello guys,

I am having issues navigating this forum, but could some of you vets clarify something for me?

Is a pit area required for every team? And is it required for both qualifiers and meets?

Thanks
    I think that you are confusing "pit area" with "pit display." In my experience at local meets and qualifiers our "pit area " was an 8' table to put our robot and other stuff on. More experienced coaches have told us not to worry about a "pit display" until we reach the State or Super Regional competition levels. YMMV.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X