This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by STEM11653 View Post
    So, all our issues tend to be programming related, (This is 11653, S.T.E.M again) is this sub-forum meant for all our programming woes? I'll hold off until a reply comes around. Thx
    Hi STEM11653,

This subforum can be used to get help for programming-related issues. Also, feel free to help others in the community as well as share code snippets that you think might be of interest to the community. Glad you are active in this subforum!

Tom

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Eng View Post
      Greetings from New Hampshire!

If you are an FTC team, a coach or a mentor and you use the Blocks Programming tool to program your FTC robot, please sound off!

If you are a Blocks Programming tool user, please respond to this thread and tell us your team number, your team name, and if you'd like your geographic region ("New Hampshire", "Beijing", "Sydney", "Hungary", etc.)!

Thanks and welcome aboard!!!

Tom
      Hello,
      I have a rookie Team# 12764 in Mesquite, Texas. We are a middle school and decided to use the Blocky Programming.

Comment

Hello again, Block programmers. I'l, start this season off with the first programming problem to be posted . This year, we plan on using a car-style motor set-up. Two omni-wheels in the front, and a motor on each side in the back. For greater maneuverability, we planned on using a tank-style control; that is, using one joystick for each motor. Here's our code:

toRunOpMode
        Call "Program".WaitForStart
        Repeat while - call "Program".opModeIsActive
        Call Telemetry.update
        Set "left y" (variable) to gamepad1.LeftStickY
        Set "right y" (variable) to gamepad1.RightStickY
        Set "Right" (motor) .Power to "right y"
        Set "Left" (motor) . Power to "left y"
        Call Telemetry.update

(P.S is there a better way to post code, aside from typing it out, as above?)

Thanks for all your help, and I hope I didn't overwhelm you guys. Thanks! S.T.E.M 11653

Comment

First Kudos to FTC for Blocks. As a Computer Science and Game Making teacher, I have been using blocks programming since Scratch came out in 2000.

We have encountered our first real issue with the Blocks language and tutorials

We did the Game Trigger to Control a servo operation and it was great.

Problem is despite redoing config 4 times, swapping servos 4 times and even reversing cables, the second servo does move when initialized but no matter what we do - in the code blocks, we can not pull out or change a servo 1 block to servo2.

not cords - not servos - matched servo set - hs -485

You can not change the existing code to servo 2

You can not pull ut a servo block and move it to servo 2

Swapped cords - servo 2 works when connected as servo 1.

Ideas??

Frustrated in West Texas

Comment

FTC Teams 10527, 10528, 10529, 11902 - South League - Texas Panhandle

Comment

Originally posted by TechnoMustang View Post
              First Kudos to FTC for Blocks. As a Computer Science and Game Making teacher, I have been using blocks programming since Scratch came out in 2000.

We have encountered our first real issue with the Blocks language and tutorials

We did the Game Trigger to Control a servo operation and it was great.

Problem is despite redoing config 4 times, swapping servos 4 times and even reversing cables, the second servo does move when initialized but no matter what we do - in the code blocks, we can not pull out or change a servo 1 block to servo2.

not cords - not servos - matched servo set - hs -485

You can not change the existing code to servo 2

You can not pull ut a servo block and move it to servo 2

Swapped cords - servo 2 works when connected as servo 1.

Ideas??

Frustrated in West Texas
              Technomustang, I'm guessing maybe you added the 2nd servo to your robot's configuration file after getting your opmode working with the first servo. We find we have to exit the opmode editor (by going back out to the listing of all opmodes) and re-open the opmode in order to make config file changes available to the Blocks environment. So after exiting and re-opening your opmode (with the modified config file set to be active) the 2nd servo should become available in the name dropdowns of the servo blocks. I hope this helps, good luck!

Team 9931

Comment

FTC Team 12565, The Blockheads- when we put our heads together, we can do Anything! ( high school and middle school girls team ) and FTC Team 12719 Team Titanium. (high school and middle school boys team ) St Louis, MO

Comment

Hello guys,

I am having issues navigating this forum, but could some of you vets clarify something for me?

Is a pit area required for every team? And is it required for both qualifiers and meets?

Thanks

Comment

Team 9960 from rural northwest Missouri is switching to Blocks programming to make it easier for our younger members to learn. (No more forgotten semicolons, etc.) One of our kids transcribed our mecanum drive teleop from last year from java to Blocks with a minimum of guidance.

Comment

Originally posted by TSM FIRST Robotics View Post
                      Hello guys,

I am having issues navigating this forum, but could some of you vets clarify something for me?

Is a pit area required for every team? And is it required for both qualifiers and meets?

Thanks
                      I think that you are confusing "pit area" with "pit display." In my experience at local meets and qualifiers our "pit area " was an 8' table to put our robot and other stuff on. More experienced coaches have told us not to worry about a "pit display" until we reach the State or Super Regional competition levels. YMMV.

Comment

South East Junior High is Iowa City's largest junior high. 50%FFRL, 40% Black and Hispanic/Latino/a, we had five rookie teams for FTC last year and added two more teams for this year's FTC. All teams are using Blocks, with two of our teams also using Java onBot.

#11271 RoboTux, #11271 RoboTux, #11478 -cuberoot(-i pi)!, #11480 Hyperspeed, #11481 daVinci RoboMentality, #13830 Panthers, #13857 Tekkaton

Comment

FTC Team 9978, Avengers Tech. We are a 3rd year FTC team with many team members growing up through FLL. This is our first year using Blocks, our members that are using it, love it compared to App Inventor we used in the past! It's much faster to make changes and get running.

Comment

FTC Team 13392 Party Penguin Disco Panda, from just outside of Houston, Texas.

Comment

Hey,

I have a question about not being able to configure my phones to connect to the app inventor? I connected the robot controller phone to the robot battery and made sure the battery was turned on. I also made sure that the controller was connected to the phone and that the wifi and airplane modes were on for both phones. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by TSM FIRST Robotics View Post
                                Hey,

I have a question about not being able to configure my phones to connect to the app inventor? I connected the robot controller phone to the robot battery and made sure the battery was turned on. I also made sure that the controller was connected to the phone and that the wifi and airplane modes were on for both phones. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong.
                                If you are attempting to use App Inventor rather than Blocks Programming please create a new post on the following App Inventor subforum:
                                http://ftcforum.usfirst.org/forumdis...T-App-Inventor
                                In the meantime, you may find this YouTube playlist helpful: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...sEmCEXa1HylIan

If you are attempting to use Blocks Programming, please create a new post in this subforum with a subject that gives the subject of your question is and then restate your question in the body. In the meantime you may find this YouTube playlist helpful: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...enKZoQgtrHi1on

Comment

Working...
                                X