Using Sounds in Java

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by alan_16072 View Post
    If you download the whole archive: https://github.com/ftc16072/2019pres...ive/master.zip , and open it with Android Studio does that build?

If not, make sure you have accepted the SDK licenses.

I don't use Android Studio
    is there any way to do it in the onbot java

Comment

Oh, well that makes sense why the other directions weren't working for you. I haven't tried this with OnBot Java, but here is the sample file for it:
      https://github.com/ftctechnh/ftc_app...OnBotJava.java

Comment

Your build problems appear to be the redirect to the robot hardware class. Line 15 error is calling a hardware class called robot. Line 10 sets the variable robot to robot. These are further defined in the OpMode that was extended.

Comment

Oh, well that makes sense why the other directions weren't working for you. I haven't tried this with OnBot Java, but here is the sample file for it:
          https://github.com/ftctechnh/ftc_app...OnBotJava.java
          Here are the errors that that sample gives me.

line 102, column 58: ERROR: cannot find symbol symbol: method startPlaying(android.content.Context,java.io.File)
          line 109, column 58: ERROR: cannot find symbol symbol: method startPlaying(android.content.Context,java.io.File)

Comment

I just did it in OnBot Java and it worked for me. Do you have version 4.3 of the Robot Controller installed on your phone?

Comment

I just did it in OnBot Java and it worked for me. Do you have version 4.3 of the Robot Controller installed on your phone?
              Yeah i have version app version 4.3
              I have library version 18.10.31

Comment

Here is the code I used
                Code:
                /* Copyright (c) 2018 FIRST. All rights reserved.
                 * Redistribution and use in source and binary forms, with or without modification,
                 * are permitted (subject to the limitations in the disclaimer below) provided that
                 * the following conditions are met:
                 * Redistributions of source code must retain the above copyright notice, this list
                 * of conditions and the following disclaimer.
                 * Redistributions in binary form must reproduce the above copyright notice, this
                 * list of conditions and the following disclaimer in the documentation and/or
                 * other materials provided with the distribution.
                 * Neither the name of FIRST nor the names of its contributors may be used to endorse or
                 * promote products derived from this software without specific prior written permission.
                 * NO EXPRESS OR IMPLIED LICENSES TO ANY PARTY'S PATENT RIGHTS ARE GRANTED BY THIS
                 * LICENSE. THIS SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED BY THE COPYRIGHT HOLDERS AND CONTRIBUTORS
                 * "AS IS" AND ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO,
                 * THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE
                 * ARE DISCLAIMED. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE COPYRIGHT OWNER OR CONTRIBUTORS BE LIABLE
                 * FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, OR CONSEQUENTIAL
                 * DAMAGES (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS OR
                 * SERVICES; LOSS OF USE, DATA, OR PROFITS; OR BUSINESS INTERRUPTION) HOWEVER
                 * CAUSED AND ON ANY THEORY OF LIABILITY, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, STRICT LIABILITY,
                 * OR TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE OR OTHERWISE) ARISING IN ANY WAY OUT OF THE USE
                 * OF THIS SOFTWARE, EVEN IF ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGE.
                 */

package org.firstinspires.ftc.teamcode;

import com.qualcomm.ftccommon.SoundPlayer;
                import com.qualcomm.robotcore.eventloop.opmode.Disabled;
                import com.qualcomm.robotcore.eventloop.opmode.LinearOpMode;
                import com.qualcomm.robotcore.eventloop.opmode.TeleOp;
                import java.io.File;

/**
                 * This file demonstrates how to play simple sounds on both the RC and DS phones.
                 * It illustrates how to play sound files that have been copied to the RC Phone
                 * This technique is best suited for use with OnBotJava since it does not require the app to be modified.
                 * Operation:
                 * Gamepad X & B buttons are used to trigger sounds in this example, but any event can be used.
                 * Note: Time should be allowed for sounds to complete before playing other sounds.
                 *  To play a new sound, you will need to copy the .wav files to the phone, and then provide the full path to them as part of your OpMode.
                 *  This is done in this sample for the two sound files.  silver.wav and gold.wav
                 *  You can put the files in a variety of soundPaths, but we recommend you put them in the /FIRST/blocks/sounds folder.
                 *  Your OpModes will have guaranteed access to this folder, and you can transfer files into this folder using the BLOCKS web page.
                 *  --  There is a link called "sounds" on the right hand side of the color bar on the BLOCKS page that can be used to send sound files to this folder by default.
                 *  Or you can use Windows File Manager, or ADB to transfer the sound files
                 *  To get full use of THIS sample, you will need to copy two sound file called silver.wav and gold.wav to /FIRST/blocks/sounds on the RC phone.
                 *  They can be located here:
                 *      https://github.com/ftctechnh/ftc_app/tree/master/FtcRobotController/src/main/res/raw/gold.wav
                 *      https://github.com/ftctechnh/ftc_app/tree/master/FtcRobotController/src/main/res/raw/silver.wav
                 */

@TeleOp(name="Concept: Sound Files", group="Concept")
                @Disabled
                public class OnBotSoundSample extends LinearOpMode {

// Point to sound files on the phone's drive
                    private String soundPath = "/FIRST/blocks/sounds";
                    private File goldFile   = new File("/sdcard" +  soundPath + "/gold.wav");
                    private File silverFile = new File("/sdcard" + soundPath + "/silver.wav");

// Declare OpMode members.
                    private boolean isX = false;    // Gamepad button state variables
                    private boolean isB = false;

private boolean wasX = false;   // Gamepad button history variables
                    private boolean WasB = false;

@Override
                    public void runOpMode() {

// Make sure that the sound files exist on the phone
                        boolean goldFound   = goldFile.exists();
                        boolean silverFound = silverFile.exists();

// Display sound status
                        telemetry.addData("gold sound",   goldFound ?   "Found" : "NOT Found \nCopy gold.wav to " + soundPath  );
                        telemetry.addData("silver sound", silverFound ? "Found" : "NOT Found \nCopy silver.wav to " + soundPath );

// Wait for the game to start (driver presses PLAY)
                        telemetry.addData(">", "Press Start to continue");
                        telemetry.update();
                        waitForStart();

telemetry.addData(">", "Press X or B to play sounds.");
                        telemetry.update();

// run until the end of the match (driver presses STOP)
                        while (opModeIsActive()) {

// say Silver each time gamepad X is pressed (This sound is a resource)
                            if (silverFound && (isX = gamepad1.x) && !wasX) {
                                SoundPlayer.getInstance().startPlaying(hardwareMap.appContext, silverFile);
                                telemetry.addData("Playing", "Silver File");
                                telemetry.update();
                            }

// say Gold each time gamepad B is pressed  (This sound is a resource)
                            if (goldFound && (isB = gamepad1.b) && !WasB) {
                                SoundPlayer.getInstance().startPlaying(hardwareMap.appContext, goldFile);
                                telemetry.addData("Playing", "Gold File");
                                telemetry.update();
                            }

// Save last button states
                            wasX = isX;
                            WasB = isB;
                        }
                    }
                }
                the red text is the part giving me trouble

Comment

using OnBotJava, I told it to use the sample from the drop down list. I'll check and make sure it was the same, but I think it Is.

I'll check the library version when I get home. Do you have "adb" set up with the phone? If so, see if you can push this file to the phone: https://github.com/ftctechnh/ftc_app...er-release.apk

If not, let me know and I'll erase RobotController from a phone and go pull it from the "Google Play Store"

Comment

using OnBotJava, I told it to use the sample from the drop down list. I'll check and make sure it was the same, but I think it Is.

I'll check the library version when I get home. Do you have "adb" set up with the phone? If so, see if you can push this file to the phone: https://github.com/ftctechnh/ftc_app...er-release.apk

If not, let me know and I'll erase RobotController from a phone and go pull it from the "Google Play Store"
                    No I don't have "abd" on the phone.
                    I'll try redownloading the robot controller as well

Comment

Originally posted by miner90027 View Post

No I don't have "abd" on the phone.
                      I'll try redownloading the robot controller as well
                      I just reinstalled the rc & it still fails to build
                      the app & library version stayed the same

Comment

I wiped the robot controller from the phone and uploaded the file you had above and it worked great. No problem whatsoever. So I am afraid I don't know what else to try.

Sorry,

Alan

Comment

I wiped the robot controller from the phone and uploaded the file you had above and it worked great. No problem whatsoever. So I am afraid I don't know what else to try.

Sorry,

Alan
                          What is the library version on your phones
                          ​​​​​​

Comment

Sorry,

Alan
                            Well at least I know it Isn't aproblem with the code.

Comment

Sorry,

Alan
                              I FIXED IT!

All I had to do was reset my onBot java entirely

Comment

It turns out that my OnBot java itself was broken & needed to be reset.

Comment

Working...
                                X