Current draw from motors and servos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Current draw from motors and servos

We are in our second year of FTC. This year we switched to OnbotJava, and are now looking into switching to AS.

We are interested in tracking current draw for our motors and servos under load. Is it possible to get those in OBJ/AS? If not, is there another convenient way to get this information while the robot is operational.

DP
    FTC12773

We are in the same boat. Did you ever figure this out?

Comment

The REV Hub supports these features but it is not natively exposed in the SDK. You can get access to the however with REV Extensions 2.

Comment

It says that "Query for the servo draw current" is broken. Also, when I look at the example, I see the current monitor for 12V DC motors but not the servo motors. Am I missing something?

Comment

OpenFTC has revExpamsition Hub 2 SDK that can do trick

Comment

Originally posted by FTC13197 View Post
            It says that "Query for the servo draw current" is broken. Also, when I look at the example, I see the current monitor for 12V DC motors but not the servo motors. Am I missing something?
            Yes, servo current draw measurement from the Exp Hub is broken, nothing you can do about it. I specifically didn't provide an example for the servo bus because I didn't want to get a bunch of people opening issues saying that servo current draw measurement is broken :P

Comment

Working...
            X