Op Mode stops, Unable to re-init opmode through Driver Station

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Op Mode stops, Unable to re-init opmode through Driver Station

We are trying to recreate the circumstances which led to our issue, in which our op mode stops with no ability to re-init. By being unable to re-init, I mean that the init button was visible on the Driver Station, but the app would not respond to pressing the init button.

The issue began at the beginning of our competition, and ended at some point between matches. The fix seemed to be changing the ports we used for our JST PH cable from one set of RS485 ports to the other. After this fix, we were able to run with no issues, except that our back two motors (which were the only hardware mounted on the secondary expansion hub) did not run.

[COLOR=#000000][FONT=Times New Roman]We have not seen the same issue since competition, but have been trying to find a concrete reason for the issue. Changing the RS485 port was not the fix, as we have tested both set of ports, and they have both worked. We

Please ignore the above. I didn't preview it, and now its super ugly. Very sorry about that. I've reformatted it properly below.

We are trying to recreate the circumstances which led to our issue, in which our op mode stops with no ability to re-init. By being unable to re-init, I mean that the init button was visible on the Driver Station, but the app would not respond to pressing the init button.

The issue began at the beginning of our
    competition, and ended at some point between matches. The fix seemed to be changing the ports we used for our JST PH cable from one set of RS485 ports to the other. After this fix, we were able to run with no issues, except that our back two motors (which were the only hardware mounted on the secondary expansion hub) did not run.

We have not seen the same issue since
    [COLOR=#000000][FONT=Times New Roman]competition, but have been trying to find a concrete reason for the issue. Changing the RS485 port was not the fix, as we have tested both set[SIZE=14px][FONT=arial] of ports, and they have both worked. We

Comment

Third times the charm.

The issue began at the beginning of our competition, and ended at some point between matches. The fix seemed to be changing the ports we used for our JST PH cable from one set of RS485 ports to the other set. After this fix, we were able to run with no issues, except that our back two drivetrain motors (which were the only hardware mounted on the secondary expansion hub) did not run.

We have not seen the same issue since competition, but have been trying to find a concrete reason for the issue. Changing the RS485 port was not the fix, as we have tested both sets of ports, and they both work. We've also tested what happens if the JST PH cable is disconnected while running an opmode, and it does not stop the opmode.

Do you have any suggestions on reproducing our issue, or what steps should be taken in order to approach the cause of the issue? Thank you for your time.

Comment

That sounds like a Runtime exception is being thrown or you lost connection to the RC. It would be beneficial if you could post the logcat.

Comment

I don't have access to the RC & DS right now. Logs are in this drive folder. The competition was on 12-09, so I've only included logs from that day. The Driver Station log is stitched together, with a noticeable jump in log time from 11:00 to 14:00. The time between 11:00 and 14:00 was most likely part of a driver station log file I didn't copy over. The Robot Controller log file is missing any logs from 12-09, so I've only included logs from the two closest days. I have already checked if the date is off on the robot controller phone, and it is currently accurate.

Comment

Working...
          X