No announcement yet.

Vuforia Target Tracking example

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Our team 8121 successfully used Vuforia for autonomous mode this year. We used it for positioning in front of the beacons. Here is a video from the Maryland State.

Vuforia has the following benefits:
    • Easy to use
    • Usable from any position on the field, granted the phone can see the targets

Though there are a few disadvantages we need to work around:
    • There is a delay with initial detection, especially if robot is moving too quickly
    • The coordinates are reported with an about 400ms delay. This is on the ZTE Max and may be different on other phones.
    • Tracking without seeing the image is not useful for precise positioning in front of the beacons. It tracks the background which is far beyond the actual target.

I will try to publish the code and description when I have the time to do so.

Comment

Originally posted by PeterMnev View Post
      Our team 8121 successfully used Vuforia for autonomous mode this year. We used it for positioning in front of the beacons. Here is a video from the Maryland State.

Vuforia has the following benefits:
      • Easy to use
      • Usable from any position on the field, granted the phone can see the targets

Though there are a few disadvantages we need to work around:
      • There is a delay with initial detection, especially if robot is moving too quickly
      • The coordinates are reported with an about 400ms delay. This is on the ZTE Max and may be different on other phones.
      • Tracking without seeing the image is not useful for precise positioning in front of the beacons. It tracks the background which is far beyond the actual target.

I will try to publish the code and description when I have the time to do so.
      That's a great Auto. Sorry we didn't get to play with/against you at MD State.

Phil (2818 G-FORCE)

Comment

I'd like to hear if anyone has been able to do accurate tracking of the center vortex position with Vuforia or otherwise. That would get their attention.
        Team 5975 CYBOTS uses a camera to track the Center Vortex.

Comment

Thank you for these videos!

We have set up the Rover Ruckus targets using OpenGLMatrix & are able to find the correct coordinates for our robot pretty much anywhere on the field. We have modified your sample code for a mecanum drivetrain & are trying to navigate to a given position on the field. It does eventually get there, but circles several times before finally stopping.

I believe the issue is in the gain values. We have spent several meetings using guess & check on the gains, but can't really get it to go straight where we want and then stop nicely. Can you offer some insight on how to compute the proper gains to prevent this circling?

Comment

Working...
          X