Modern Robotics USB header sync bytes cause Stop Robot timeout

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Modern Robotics USB header sync bytes cause Stop Robot timeout

I have no clue how to fix this from showing up each time. I've often had to disconnect the USB cable, force close and open the RC app again. Sometimes, it works after a shut down and then 10 sec wait then start up again. I think I read another thread that had some form of a similar issue but I just wanted to know if there's a permanent solution to this.

http://pastebin.com/TgYLEvu4

This error indicates loss of connection with the Modern Robotics hardware.
    Causes are typically loose connections or static.

Are ALL your USB cables anchored firmly? Especially your phone USB connection?

Does it happen if the robot is just sitting still? (usually not)
    Does it happen when just driving around?
    What about when the robot makes contact with the beacons/filed perimeter etc?

Comment

The USB connections are firmly anchored and I lock them in using tape. The disconnection randomly happens like sometimes when the robot is just idle or when the robot is the process of teleop. I haven't tested what happens when it makes contact with the field perimeter or beacons. Could it be electrostatic interference?

Comment

Update: The RC phone now gets stuck in the init phase when it's picking up the motors and devices connected to it. I'll try swapping cables and see what happens. We're using an OTG cable to connect the RC to the CDPM. I'll test to see if it has to do with that cable. Something I noticed earlier was that one of the ODS sensor lights didn't turn on. I jiggled the wire and it flickered. After adjusting it, it just didn't turn on anymore. Is it possible that the previous action could be linked to my issue?

Comment

Originally posted by FTC8564 View Post
          Update: The RC phone now gets stuck in the init phase when it's picking up the motors and devices connected to it. I'll try swapping cables and see what happens. We're using an OTG cable to connect the RC to the CDPM. I'll test to see if it has to do with that cable. Something I noticed earlier was that one of the ODS sensor lights didn't turn on. I jiggled the wire and it flickered. After adjusting it, it just didn't turn on anymore. Is it possible that the previous action could be linked to my issue?
          I'd certainly take out the ODS sensor and see if your issues go away. Bad wires can cause all sorts of random problems.

A copy of the log file immediately after a fail could help is diagnose how this fault causes the system to fail.

Comment

I think I've fixed the problem. We had a wire to the CDPM that was forced in and possibly corrupted some internal wires. I switched it and it seems to work now. I'll try to get another cable to fix it.

Comment

Working...
            X