• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FTC9863
    started a topic Autonomous code not updating to phone

Autonomous code not updating to phone

Hello,
    This is TJ Reynolds of MASHellaneous FTC Team 9863. After several tests, I have realized that my code is not updating to the FTC Driver Station (this is using the Beta SDK). I have proven this by changing the string @Autonomous(name="TJ Auto 1", group="Linear Opmode") to @Autonomous(name="TJ Auto 3", group="Linear Opmode"), but the Driver station phone is still only allowing me to choose the original, as if in a frozen state. The original code still functions as it did previously. I have been working on this for an hour, so I wish to warn teams with this post and find answers, so if you have a solution, please reply to this thread. Thank you.

Additional Note: On another laptop, I have been able to update the phones properly, so I am also asking if there is any Error log for android studios that I could look up on my laptop. (Still warning programmers to watch out for this).

• FTC8767
    replied
    Originally posted by patfanman101 View Post
    I know this would seem obvious, but did you exit out of the app before downloading?
    This shouldn't matter, as it should kick out the current app running & re-launch the new one.

Leave a comment:

• FTC8767
    replied
    I generally try the easy stuff first.

1 - Is the project building successfully?
    2 - Are you getting the message at the bottom of AS after the build, that is it installing the APK & then launching it?
    3 - Are you sure that you are connecting the Robot Controller (not the Driver Station Controller) to the laptop?
    4 - Try deleting the App on your phone & then re-build.

Leave a comment:

• mlwilliams
    replied
    Uninstall the RC app from the phone manually. That should happen automatically when a new version is pushed. At that point there will be three possibilities:
    1. Everything works as expected
    2. You can't install a new version at all which is why the old code was still there
    3. You install the new version but your OpMode still doesn't show. That means a problem with your code.

Leave a comment:

• patfanman101
    replied
    I know this would seem obvious, but did you exit out of the app before downloading?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X