Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Changed ftc_app folder structure? Please help

Hello,
    I'm rather confused about some apparent changes in the ftc_app. Before, under FtcRobotController, you could go down to the OpModes folder, and do your work. Now, there's something about TeamCode, and under FtcRobotController, there's something about "external" and "internal", and no OpModes folder. Also, for the Android Studio project, where it used to say "FtcRobotController" it now says "TeamCode". Can somebody help me figure out what to do?
    Thanks,
    Aidan from FTC #7664

Originally posted by AidanB7664 View Post
    Hello,
    I'm rather confused about some apparent changes in the ftc_app. Before, under FtcRobotController, you could go down to the OpModes folder, and do your work. Now, there's something about TeamCode, and under FtcRobotController, there's something about "external" and "internal", and no OpModes folder. Also, for the Android Studio project, where it used to say "FtcRobotController" it now says "TeamCode". Can somebody help me figure out what to do?
    Thanks,
    Aidan from FTC #7664
    The idea here is that you separate your team software from the prepackaged example opmodes, and anything else that FIRST might change in the FTC SDK. There's an implied contract that FIRST might change and reorganize software in FtcRobotController, but FIRST won't, or will try very hard, not to break or change anything in TeamCode. That's your sandbox for the season.

All of your opmodes for the season should go in the TeamCode subdirectories. There's a good discussion of this in the Readme here...

https://github.com/ftctechnh/ftc_app...s/ftc/teamcode

Comment

Many thanks.

Comment

I would suggest taking a look at these videos. It explains the TeamCode change a bit.
        http://ftcforum.usfirst.org/showthre...Video-Tutorial
        Hope this helps,
        -Chad

Comment

Working...
        X