Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Android Studio Users Unite! (Android Studio Roll Call)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3-year FLL coach, going into FTC this coming season, will probably wind up being a mentor or whatever they're calling coaches nowadays.
    San Diego, CA.
    Android Studio is probably the largest, least intuitive, and most unknown-acronym-infested IDE I've ever seen in 40 years of engineering. It gets the job done, eventually. Using it because my son is tired of drag-and-drop programming languages and wants to use Java.

Comment

• If you are an Android Studio user, please respond to this thread and tell us your team number, your team name, and if you'd like your geographic region ("New Hampshire", "Beijing", "Sydney", "Hungary", etc.)!
      FTC 358 + 359, Gaulbots/Webb.exe, CA

Comment

• FTC 11089 - Bytes of Kitkats - Portland Oregon

Comment

• FTC 11745 + 11761 + TBD + TBD - Robocats - Dallas, TX
          Let the syntax errors roll.

Comment

• Originally posted by Little-Acorn View Post
            3-year FLL coach, going into FTC this coming season, will probably wind up being a mentor or whatever they're calling coaches nowadays.
            San Diego, CA.
            Android Studio is probably the largest, least intuitive, and most unknown-acronym-infested IDE I've ever seen in 40 years of engineering. It gets the job done, eventually. Using it because my son is tired of drag-and-drop programming languages and wants to use Java.
            Little-Acorn,

Have you looked into using the OnBot Java? Android Studio can be difficult to install and configure, but the OnBot Java tool is full-blown Java (same API as the Android Studio project folder) but it's much easier to get started. You only need a Web Browser and a wireless connection to your Robot:

https://github.com/ftctechnh/ftc_app...-Java-Tutorial

Tom

Comment

• FTC 10138, Newton Busters FTC, Wilmette, IL
              Technical Coach, Newton Busters FTC 10138, FLL 3077
              Chicago 'burbs, IL

Comment

• FTC 12595 Electrogator Deshler, NE

Comment

• FTC 7039 Lord of the Bricks, Richmond, VA

Comment

• FTC 12833 - Mechanical Meltdown - Watkins Glen, NY

Comment

• FTC 12763 - The Rolling Bots - Truckee, CA

Comment

• FTC 12730 Flo*Bots Florence, South Carolina

Comment

• FTC 11028 - Kardia Robotics - Pennsylvania (both Android Studio and Blocks, although I'm the Android studio part of that arrangement)

Comment

• FTC 9175 - Warrior Bots - Lecanto, Florida (Citrus County)

Comment

• FTC Team 11411 Cherry Pi, San Diego, CA

Comment

• Knight Tech Robotics Teams 7716 & 13640, Metro Tech High School, Phoenix, AZ

Comment

Working...
                                X