No announcement yet.

Android Studio Download OP Error

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I say that because the OP mode that I install isn't in the OPmode list on the driver station.

1-2. Yes, the app is on the phone and it runs just fine, except for the installing of the OPmode on the phone. I select the config file on the phone before I download the OPmode then click the green run arrow. It downloads and everything works, prob is it's not available to select from the driver station app when you select an OPmode and that's when we connect the phone to the robot and everything is hooked up.

Comment

Originally posted by Gamer232423 View Post
      it's not available to select from the driver station app when you select an OPmode
      Op-modes must be registered to show up on the driver's station. View the FtcOpModeRegister file in the opmodes folder of the robot controller app for an example of how to do that.

Comment

I have registered them.

Comment

Can you post your code (ftcregisteropmode.java and your op-mode file) and perhaps a screen shot of the driver station phone?

Comment

Originally posted by Gamer232423 View Post
            I say that because the OP mode that I install isn't in the OPmode list on the driver station.

1-2. Yes, the app is on the phone and it runs just fine, except for the installing of the OPmode on the phone. I select the config file on the phone before I download the OPmode then click the green run arrow. It downloads and everything works, prob is it's not available to select from the driver station app when you select an OPmode and that's when we connect the phone to the robot and everything is hooked up.
            Hi

Just for the record...

The opModes, and their names ONLY exist in the RobotController App that you download. (So they don't get downloaded separately).

So, you are not downloading opModes, you are downloading the one RobotController app, and if it's been built correctly it has ALL the opModes in it.

When you add code in your program, and use the FtcOpModeRegister() function to ADD your Opmodes, you are just making them visible to the driver station.
            It's an important point... All the opmodes are in the ONE app all the time. You can only see them on the driver station if you add them in FtcOpModeRegister().

The Configuration file (that gets created on the Robot using the "configure Robot" menu option) is JUST for defining the names of the hardware devices.
            It has nothing to do with the opModes showing up on the driver station. So I don't know what you mean when you say "I select the config file on the phone before I download the OPmode"

Bottom Line....

There are only two reasons why a new oPmode does not appear on the driver station screen:

1) You have not correctly added it using the FtcOpModeRegister() function. (Which is why we want to see that code)
            2) You are not actually downloading your new App that has the new opmode in it. I would simply delete the Robot Controller app completely from the phone manually to make sure there is no way you still have an old one there. Do this by bringing it up on the Apps screen and pressing and holding it. Then click the X and wait for it to ask to uninstall. Once you say yes, now you know the old app isn't going to run any more.

Now do the green arrow run/download again and see of the new opmode is present when you connect with the driver station.

Phil.

Comment

Here is the pic! https://plus.google.com/u/0/10224475...56809108435291

Yes we did try the 2nd option. It did not work unfortunately.

Comment

We figured it out as soon as the pics were sent, I compared them and I realized that there were 2 copies of the same class in the FtcOpModeRegister. I'll report if that fixed it at our next practice.

Thanks for the help!

Nicholas Donovan Mecha-Men #10044

Comment

Working...
                X