Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Android Studio Download OP Error

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Android Studio Download OP Error

    My team and I are having trouble installing an OP mode. Whenever we install it there is text on the bottom that never stops loading and it basically just cycles through the same code with some red lines of code with it. The app keeps uninstalling itself after an error message that it's already installed. I just don't know what's going on and some help would be greatly appreciated.

    Thanks!
    Nicholas Donovan 10044 Mecha-Men

  • #2
    I can't figure out what you are describing, can you post pictures?

    Comment


    • #3
      Not currently but I can sometime tomorrow.

      Comment


      • #4
        Here are the pictures that you requested the ongoing code is on the bottom right.

        Here's a link to my google plus page. It has the photos uploaded to it.

        https://plus.google.com/u/0/10224475...8435291/photos

        In case you can't find it my Google Name is Gamer232423' with a Gamer for life green logo.

        Comment


        • #5
          Bottom left.*

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Gamer232423 View Post
            My team and I are having trouble installing an OP mode. Whenever we install it there is text on the bottom that never stops loading and it basically just cycles through the same code with some red lines of code with it. The app keeps uninstalling itself after an error message that it's already installed. I just don't know what's going on and some help would be greatly appreciated.

            Thanks!
            Nicholas Donovan 10044 Mecha-Men
            Originally posted by Gamer232423 View Post
            Bottom left.*
            Okay, the "code" at the botton is actually the phone's logcat (you may use it write out additional debug telemetry, check out DbgLog, RobotLog, and Android's log). It looks like you have some date/time setting issues on the phone/computer. Can you make sure they are both set correctly?

            You also need to build a configuration file (use "NullOp" character-sensitive to use without hardware). Just click "Uninstall" at your dialog box. Android doesn't keep multiple versions of the same app around (you are actually deploying the app in Android Studio, not your OpModes to the app)

            Comment


            • #7
              Hi

              I can't see your images. They say they can't be viewed unless they are shared. Can you make sharable by anyone who has the link?

              Questions: When you click the green download triangle, do you get a popup asking which device you want to load it on?

              When you build and download an app from a different machine, it has a different ID code.
              So if you had already loaded a prior version it, this may be why it's saying it has to replace it.

              You will get prompted that the App already exists and do you want to replace it.
              If you say YES it deletes the original and loads the new one, but the new one is only visible on the "Apps" screen of the phone.


              Phil.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Philbot View Post
                Hi

                I can't see your images. They say they can't be viewed unless they are shared. Can you make sharable by anyone who has the link?

                Questions: When you click the green download triangle, do you get a popup asking which device you want to load it on?

                When you build and download an app from a different machine, it has a different ID code.
                So if you had already loaded a prior version it, this may be why it's saying it has to replace it.

                You will get prompted that the App already exists and do you want to replace it.
                If you say YES it deletes the original and loads the new one, but the new one is only visible on the "Apps" screen of the phone.


                Phil.
                The photos are actually shared publicly. Try this: https://plus.google.com/u/0/10224475...ts/JqPQGaAY93P

                Comment


                • #9
                  I have actually already created a configuration file on the phone named push_bot, but whenever it downloads it seems to close out of that config file. The phone and computer dates and times are set correctly as well.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Gamer232423 View Post
                    I have actually already created a configuration file on the phone named push_bot, but whenever it downloads it seems to close out of that config file. The phone and computer dates and times are set correctly as well.
                    Okay, when you are uninstalling the app that way it clears the app data which stores what config file to use. Did you make sure the year was also correct (it is the thing that is usually wrong on date/time issues)?

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by dmssargent View Post
                      The photos are actually shared publicly. Try this: https://plus.google.com/u/0/10224475...ts/JqPQGaAY93P
                      OK, Yes, that's the error that comes up when you download the app from a new development computer.

                      I get it whenever I switch development from my desktop to my laptop. It's just a warning to protect you from accidentally overwriting an app that's not yours.

                      Just say YES, and it it will delete the current installed app and replaces it with the new one. (Nothing to do with the configuration file)

                      Just one caveat... If you have moved the app from the generic list of all apps onto one of the desktop panes, the new app will no replace the one that you had moved.

                      Eg: I like the robot controller app to be visible when I start the phone, so I drag it to the home pane.

                      When I switch dev machines, and have to say YES to this dialog, the new app is no longer on the home pane.
                      I have to drag it there again.....

                      So Nicholas, the question is..... Once you say YES.... have you tried running the new app?
                      What do you get?

                      Phil.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        The logcat keeps running the same code and never stops cycling through it and it only stops when I unplug the phone. The OP mode doesn't even install THAT'S the issue.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Gamer232423 View Post
                          The logcat keeps running the same code and never stops cycling through it and it only stops when I unplug the phone. The OP mode doesn't even install THAT'S the issue.
                          I think you lost a detail or two of what the platform is doing, and the barebones of how it works, you may want to read the documentation that is given in the PDF provided in the SDK.

                          The logcat will stop because the source of the information (the phone) has been disconnected. However, you will see the information is still going is run "adb logcat" on the phone via a Terminal Emulator, or you can view the logs of the ftc_sdk via the "View Logs" activity (available in the menu overflow, or menu of the Robot Controller.)

                          According to your photos, you have install the Robot Controller (which has your OpModes built-in due to its required dependency on your code.) Did you add your OpMode to the FtcOpModeRegister or are you using a library that provides the annotation-based method of registering OpModes?

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            I added the Opmodes to the FtcOpModeRegister.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Gamer232423 View Post
                              I added the Opmodes to the FtcOpModeRegister.
                              We're having trouble figuring out what your problem is. We haven't really got to how to fix it.

                              I know it sounds like a dumb question, but why do you think "The OP mode doesn't even install".

                              And by this I mean: What EXACTLY are you looking at that makes you say that.

                              Because there are some problems in your statement....

                              1) The App gets installed, not the opmode. So: is the App there on the phone? Where have you looked? Can you run it?

                              2) The Opmode only shows up on the driver station when you connect to the robot. Are you doing that? and what do you see when you go to "Select an Opmode"?

                              Please provide DETAILED answers to these questions so we can help.

                              Phil.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X