Unfortunately, FTC Robot Controller Has Stopped

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unfortunately, FTC Robot Controller Has Stopped

I'm trying to get the Push Bot example to work. I (believe) I've followed all the instructions precisely, but I'm getting an error when I try and launch the FTC Robot Controller App.

The app dies immediately saying: Unfortunately, FTC Robot Controller Has Stopped

The relevant Android Studio logcat output is here:

08-21 18:10:20.080 12877-12877/com.qualcomm.ftcrobotcontroller E/AndroidRuntime﹕ FATAL EXCEPTION: main
    Process: com.qualcomm.ftcrobotcontroller, PID: 12877
    java.lang.StringIndexOutOfBoundsException: length=4096; regionStart=0; regionLength=-1
    at java.lang.String.failedBoundsCheck(String.java:592 )
    at java.lang.String.<init>(String.java:419)
    at com.qualcomm.analytics.Analytics.readFromFile(Sour ceFile:259)
    at com.qualcomm.analytics.Analytics.incrementAndSetCo unt(SourceFile:303)
    at com.qualcomm.analytics.Analytics.<init>(SourceFile :217)
    at com.qualcomm.modernrobotics.ModernRoboticsHardware Factory.<init>(SourceFile:74)
    at com.qualcomm.ftcrobotcontroller.FtcRobotController Activity.requestRobotSetup(FtcRobotControllerActiv ity.java:325)
    at com.qualcomm.ftcrobotcontroller.FtcRobotController Activity.onServiceBind(FtcRobotControllerActivity. java:312)
    at com.qualcomm.ftcrobotcontroller.FtcRobotController Activity$1.onServiceConnected(FtcRobotControllerAc tivity.java:119)
    at android.app.LoadedApk$ServiceDispatcher.doConnecte d(LoadedApk.java:1101)
    at android.app.LoadedApk$ServiceDispatcher$RunConnect ion.run(LoadedApk.java:1118)
    at android.os.Handler.handleCallback(Handler.java:733 )
    at android.os.Handler.dispatchMessage(Handler.java:95 )
    at android.os.Looper.loop(Looper.java:136)
    at android.app.ActivityThread.main(ActivityThread.jav a:5095)
    at java.lang.reflect.Method.invokeNative(Native Method)
    at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:515)
    at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit$MethodAndArgsCa ller.run(ZygoteInit.java:786)
    at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit.main(ZygoteInit .java:602)
    at dalvik.system.NativeStart.main(Native Method)

From looking at the code I suspect I've created a config file that doesn't match the format expected by the app.

How do I debug this further?

Thanks,
    John

I was able to use 'adb' to 'shell' in and remove /sdcard/FIRST/push_bot.xml. I can now run the app, but I don't know how to fix this problem.

Any advice or suggestions would be much appreciated!

Thanks,
    John

Comment

Working...
    X