Error in downloading

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Error in downloading

I am following the FTC Training Manual Java Programming for the Next Gen Controller. I believe I did all the steps. I can download the Hello World app. But when I get to the part of downloading a copied version of an op method. I get the following error

cannot open robot configuration
    file-/storage emulated/0/FIRST/
    No current file!xml

I can run the current ops described in the PushBot manual.

Any Help is appreciated

John

Originally posted by FTC5720 View Post
    I am following the FTC Training Manual Java Programming for the Next Gen Controller. I believe I did all the steps. I can download the Hello World app. But when I get to the part of downloading a copied version of an op method. I get the following error

cannot open robot configuration
    file-/storage emulated/0/FIRST/
    No current file!xml

I can run the current ops described in the PushBot manual.

Any Help is appreciated

John
    Did you build a configuration file, yet? The error seems to be a bug that when the file name is set "No Curent File!" and as such it is trying to open something that doesn't exist.

Comment

I am guessing when you say build a configuration file you are talking about in the Android studio. The copied (duplicated) file in the Android studio is built successful.
      I just get the error message on the ZTE phone when I try to upload it to the phone. It recognizes the phone and all.

If you are not talking about building the file in the Android Studio, where are you referring and how can I build the config file. I have built a configuration file on the phone to work with other op that I can call on the phone. Do I need to rebuild a file for the copied file too? I will try that also

Comment

Another odd behavior. I discovered that I had the FTC Drivers and FTC controller app on the same phone. I deleted the controller app from the phone. Tried to download the program from Android Studio. It reinstalled the FTC controller app on the phone. That is where the previous mentioned error is displayed on the phone. For some reason I cannot prevent the installation of the controller app on the phone. I only want the drivers station on it.

Comment

My error was in trying to upload code from the Android Studio to the drivers station phone. When I switched to the controller phone it did just fine. Interesting in that FTC controller is uploaded each time a program is uploaded.

Comment

How are you uploading the Driver Station? The code in Android Studio gets compiled, then APK gets downloaded to the phone, and that gets installed

Comment

I found a fix for this. On the Robot Controller phone, go to Settings --> Configure Robot. You then have to save a configuration file in order to make it work. If there is no robot connected, press New --> Save Configuration. Then name it whatever and go back to the main screen. It will attempt to pair to the other phone (you might have to go into settings again) and you are good to go.

Comment

Also, after that you have to go to Settings --> Configure Robot, then click 'Activate' under the configuration file you just made.

Comment

We are having the same error. We have a configuration file on the RC and it is set to active. We are still getting the error above when we write to the DS. The programs are making it over to the DS but I believe that we will not be able to test with out fixing the error.

Comment

Originally posted by FTC5720 View Post
                    My error was in trying to upload code from the Android Studio to the drivers station phone. When I switched to the controller phone it did just fine. Interesting in that FTC controller is uploaded each time a program is uploaded.
                    That was are error also. We figured it out.

Comment

Working...
                    X