Maximum Number of Robot Controller Connections

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maximum Number of Robot Controller Connections

I am trying to determine the maximum number of connections that can be made to the Robot Controller Web Server. I looked online for a spec but didn

....not find one.

Someday I will stop using apostrophes...

Comment

I think it's something like 10, but I'm not 100% sure.

Comment

Originally posted by MikeRush View Post
        I am trying to determine the maximum number of connections that can be made to the Robot Controller...
        The maximum number of Wi-Fi Direct connections to the RC phone is controlled by the 'Limit number of Wi-Fi Direct devices to improve performance' setting on the 'RC phone' (Settings / Wi-Fi / [...]Advanced / Wi-Fi Direct / [...]Configure device).

Also, you can work-around the vBulletin apostrophe bug by composing your post in 'Source mode'.

Comment

I looked on the robot controller phone and did not find the menu path that you specified. Under [Settings] [Wi-Fi], there is no [Advanced], just a listing of the available Wi-Fi networks. However, there are advanced settings under which W-Fi is a selection but there is no [Configure Device] available. Different phones maybe? We use the Motorola Moto G4 Play

Comment

Hi Mike, "[...]Advanced" means tap on the three vertical dots on the top right of the screen (a.k.a. the "kebab menu"), then select "Advanced". Likewise for "[...]Configure device".

Comment

"kebab menu" - thanks. a. lot. Now I will never be able to look at that the same way again. :-)

Comment

Our menu is not the same as the one described in the comment...

Comment

link to pic

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1So...gPLX8XiznI17ER

Comment

Originally posted by MikeRush View Post
                    Our menu is not the same as the one described in the comment...
                    It is under Android System Settings; not RC app settings. Sorry for the confusion.

The exact path to the setting may be slightly different on your Android version, but should be easy to figure out.

Comment

Originally posted by Alec View Post

It is under Android System Settings; not RC app settings. Sorry for the confusion.

The exact path to the setting may be slightly different on your Android version, but should be easy to figure out.
                      Not all Android distributions have that option though.....

Comment

Originally posted by 4634 Programmer View Post

Not all Android distributions have that option though.....
                        Perhaps because limiting the number of Wi-Fi Direct connections has no affect on performance on those Android distros.

Comment

I finally found the settings and it appears that the number of Wi-Fi direct connections is limited to 8 or less (at least on our phones)

Thanks for everyones help!!

Comment

Working...
                          X