X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alec
    replied
    Originally posted by 4634 Programmer View Post

Since the activity is declared in the FtcRobotController manifest, I don't think you can change it from the TeamCode manifest. However, modifying the FtcRobotController manifest is totally legal so I'm not sure why you're trying to do it from the TeamCode one?
    For teams that are not using git, when upgrading the SDK or installing the SDK on a new system, it is convenient to only have to copy the TeamCode/... tree from the old system/SDK to the new system/SDK.

Also, if android:screenOrientation attribute (or any other useful stuff) can be specified/overridden in TeamCode/src/main/AndroidManifest.xml, then it would be great to learn how to do so. Perhaps the Tech Team can document how to do so in the comment section of the AndroidManifest.xml file in the TeamCode tree.

Leave a comment:

• 4634 Programmer
    replied
    Originally posted by Alec View Post
    You can set the screen orientation of the RC app to "portrait" or "landscape" via the android:screenOrientation attribute of the <activity> node in the FtcRobotController/src/main/AndroidManifest.xml file. This will fix the RC app to portrait or landscape orientation regardless of the "auto-rotate" system setting:

Code:
    <application
    <activity
    android:screenOrientation="landscape"
    What is the correct syntax for setting the android:screenOrientation attribute via the TeamCode/src/main/AndroidManifest.xml file instead?
    Since the activity is declared in the FtcRobotController manifest, I don't think you can change it from the TeamCode manifest. However, modifying the FtcRobotController manifest is totally legal so I'm not sure why you're trying to do it from the TeamCode one?

Leave a comment:

• Alec
    started a topic RC App Screen Orientation

RC App Screen Orientation

You can set the screen orientation of the RC app to "portrait" or "landscape" via the android:screenOrientation attribute of the <activity> node in the FtcRobotController/src/main/AndroidManifest.xml file. This will fix the RC app to portrait or landscape orientation regardless of the "auto-rotate" system setting:

Code:
      <application
        <activity
          android:screenOrientation="landscape"
    What is the correct syntax for setting the android:screenOrientation attribute via the TeamCode/src/main/AndroidManifest.xml file instead?
Working...
X