Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TullyNYGuy
    replied
    The kids attempted to update at the competition but there was no wifi to do the download and I cautioned them that we had no idea what version it would update to anyway. I did not want to end up with an os that was not compatible with the SDK. It is definitely something we will investigate.

Any idea what Moto E4 OS they are running?

Leave a comment:

• Cheer4FTC
    replied
    Is there a reason you aren't just updating the MotoE4 OS?
    BTW, a team I mentor used DS ZTEs and RC MotoE4s all season without difficulty (and used TensorFlow on the RCs).

Leave a comment:

• TullyNYGuy
    replied
    The kids talked to another team who had the same problem earlier in the year but somehow solved it. They did not know the details of how though. I'll ask them to do some more testing to confirm it was not some bizarre coincidence and report the results back here. In the meantime, if anyone else has seen it ...

Leave a comment:

• 4634 Programmer
    replied
    Originally posted by TullyNYGuy View Post
    No we did not use Vuforia or Tensorflow in this competition. Hopefully the next one though ...
    Hmm.... very strange.... the RC app itself can survive being removed from the foreground just fine, because your OpMode is actually running in a Service, not an Activity.

Leave a comment:

• TullyNYGuy
    replied
    No we did not use Vuforia or Tensorflow in this competition. Hopefully the next one though ...

Leave a comment:

• 4634 Programmer
    replied
    Are you by chance using TensorFlow in your auto? Some testing I did last year indicated that the VuforiaLocalizer dies as soon as the RC app leaves the foreground (a system popup would constitute this) and when the VuforiaLocaliser is dead, invoking the function call to get a frame from its queue will hang indefinitely. I believe TensorFlow works by getting frames from Vuforia's queue....

Leave a comment:

• Moto E4 RC phone disconnects when notice of new OS update pops up

We ran into a bizarre situation at a competition over the weekend. Our phones have updates disabled via developer options. But we have been getting an occasional message box on our Moto E4 that says an update to the os is available. Do you want to update? Yes or No, maybe later. Typically we were debugging and we just said no and all was well. Well one of those messages popped up while waiting for auto to start in a match. The drivers did not notice it until the field had been randomized. When they went to press play, they realized the RC had disconnected from the DS phone. They were suspicious the popup was the cultprit and after the match scrambled to find a solution. Forum posts on Moto's site indicated that the popups appear even if updates are disable. The phones were not on WIFI and there was none to be had so they could not accept the update and were leery of doing that anyway. It did the same thing in a later match. Has anybody run into this? Any solution?

DS phone - ZTE speed
    RC phone - moto e4, not sure which os but will confirm
Working...
X