No announcement yet.

Servo Function driving me nuts

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mike, can you get the servo to work via the MR Core Device Discovery App or the REV Hub Interface App.

Comment

Im not as familiar with Blocks - so this might not be it....

I notice that you are using set "test" Position to "0.25" - but I also notice at the start set "test" Direction to ....
      Do you have "test" configured in the robot config as a servo or as a motor or a continious rotation servo?

So - my suggestion is to double check that the robot config is done correctly.

Comment

Suggestions:

1. Take out the initialization items where you set a direction, this is not needed and is likely your issue as this is an improper step. (this is why it might work on one hub and not another, the hubs might be compiling the improper statement differently.)

2. When testing something like this, simpler the better is the rule. You have a double assignment that is not needed. In your first logic loop, simply assign your position in one direction, the else the other direction. No need to set an intermediate variable.

Comment

Originally posted by Alec View Post
          Mike, can you get the servo to work via the MR Core Device Discovery App or the REV Hub Interface App.
          I don

Comment

Originally posted by Alec View Post
            I really hate apostrophes....

I do not have any MR equipment nor have I used the Rev interface software.

Comment

Originally posted by DanOelkeFTA View Post
              Im not as familiar with Blocks - so this might not be it....

I notice that you are using set "test" Position to "0.25" - but I also notice at the start set "test" Direction to ....
              Do you have "test" configured in the robot config as a servo or as a motor or a continious rotation servo?

So - my suggestion is to double check that the robot config is done correctly.
              Configured as a Servo.

Comment

I have fixed the issue but really have no idea of the fault.

a couple of tidbits
                when the servos were inop there was no 5v at the Servo ports.
                5v was available on the ports next to the Servo ports

The fix was as follows:
                1-abandon both hubs, configs, program.
                2-on a third hub, make a new configuration
                3-the servos and motors were operational
                4-take either of the two inop hubs and add on to the working hub - both work.

Best as I can determine the original two hub configuration somehow made all the Servo ports inop (no 5v). Starting with a separate hub, creating a new configuration and adding one if the two inop hubs (and hence requiring a new configuration on the added hub) made the Servo ports operate.

I am clueless as to the real cause but starting with a clean configuration seemed to do the trick

Comment

Thanks for everyone who tried to help!!

Comment

Glad you got it working..... I know I hate weird stuff I can't explain - but somtimes you just need to move on. Good luck with moving on.

Comment

Working...
                    X