No announcement yet.

Vuforia Target Detection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We went with detected two minerals and inferring the third. Worked very well.

Comment

Retraining Tensorflow to detect objects other than the minerals.

Cheer4FTC is on the right track, I believe. But for a couple of months now, I've hit a wall. I've made some progress: bazel is installed, training videos of a poker chip and a thumb drive are made, and models for each are trained. But when one of these models is used to replace the one in ConceptTensorFlowObjectDetection,the stupid thing detects Gold only. Like other Teams on here, I ignore the Silver.
      In the tutorials linked by Cheer4FTC there are several show-stopping typos, and I've filed issues for each. 2 are fixed.

But the main question I have... has anybody trained a model to detect anything other than Minerals?

Comment

Originally posted by jrasor2017 View Post
        Retraining Tensorflow to detect objects other than the minerals.

Cheer4FTC is on the right track, I believe. But for a couple of months now, I've hit a wall. I've made some progress: bazel is installed, training videos of a poker chip and a thumb drive are made, and models for each are trained. But when one of these models is used to replace the one in ConceptTensorFlowObjectDetection,the stupid thing detects Gold only. Like other Teams on here, I ignore the Silver.
        In the tutorials linked by Cheer4FTC there are several show-stopping typos, and I've filed issues for each. 2 are fixed.

But the main question I have... has anybody trained a model to detect anything other than Minerals?
        Honestly, for FTC I think that Tensorflow is more work than it's worth. My custom OpenCV pipeline for mineral detection did not fail once this year out of 2 qualifiers, state championship, and detroit world championship.

Comment

Has has anybody trained a TensorFlow model to detect anything other than Minerals?

Comment

Hi Folks - I know this is an older post, but I have created some custom TensorFlow models to detect items other than the Minerals from Rover Ruckus. The following is a semi-recent tutorial that I used to train the model. I modified so it ran the training scripts locally on a Linux (ubuntu) laptop. It took a few days to generate a model, but the model worked pretty well and the system could accurately detect the newly trained objects:

https://medium.com/tensorflow/traini...s-b78971cf1193

The hardest part about the process was installing the dependencies needed to run the tensorflow training scripts. Once you've done that, it's pretty straightforward to create a new inference graph. I used the tools on Google's ftc-object-detection repo (see https://github.com/google/ftc-object-detection) to generate the training and eval records that I then used to feed the training scripts.

I hope this helps.

Tom

Comment

Working...
            X