Vuforia Target Detection

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vuforia Target Detection

Is there any way to improve detection of the Vuforia pictures? We have written a lot of code that works really well - IF it can see the target. Unfortunately it looks like the target can only be seen reliably within about 4 feet of the target and there is no scoring to be done within 4 feet of the target. Is it worth the investment to get a Samsung phone or webcam, or is the detection distance similar?

We are using the Moto G4 camera and the targets were printed on a ink jet then put into clear page protectors & attached to outside of the perimeter wall.

I had lot of hopes this year using vuforia for autonomous path but team realized it is not worth of efforts and end up using sensors. I think better efforts could be spent on retraining tensorflow for detecting other objects than minerals but unfortunately FIRSt kept everything secret about it. I wish they open up model and provide some guidance on retraining

Comment

I mean guidance on training new object detection

Comment

FTC12676 The code and info on the TensorFlow training for FTC is available here: https://github.com/google/ftc-object-detection
        CHEER4FTC website and facebook online FTC resources.
        Providing support for FTC Teams in the Charlottesville, VA area and beyond.

Comment

And info on training is available here: https://github.com/google/ftc-object...aster/training
          That does describe in depth how one might attempt to retrain TensorFlow to recognize other FTC objects, robots, field elements, etc.
          CHEER4FTC website and facebook online FTC resources.
          Providing support for FTC Teams in the Charlottesville, VA area and beyond.

Comment

Originally posted by FLARE View Post
            Is it worth the investment to get a Samsung phone or webcam, or is the detection distance similar?
            No it's not worth it. Vuforia is only going to use up to 1080p anyway, so having a 4k camera isn't going to do you any good.

Comment

Cheer4FTC - thanks. I will let team look at this and try retraining

Comment

Working...
              X