Slow ping rates with SDK Version 4.3

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Slow ping rates with SDK Version 4.3

I have an old pair of ZTE Android phones that we've been reliably using for the last several years. I recently downloaded the new V4.3 SDK. I have noted a considerable slow down in the reported ping rate seen on the Driver Station App. On older versions of the SDK I could reliably get ping rates of 2-4ms. With V4.3 I am now getting ping rates varying between 15-27ms, about 5-10 times slower. I am testing the Android phones in a very quiet WiFi environment so I doubt there is any outside interference. I'd be interested in knowing if others have experienced the same issue and if this might be a problem during tournament play.

Originally posted by emeflag View Post
    I have an old pair of ZTE Android phones that we've been reliably using for the last several years. I recently downloaded the new V4.3 SDK. I have noted a considerable slow down in the reported ping rate seen on the Driver Station App. On older versions of the SDK I could reliably get ping rates of 2-4ms. With V4.3 I am now getting ping rates varying between 15-27ms, about 5-10 times slower. I am testing the Android phones in a very quiet WiFi environment so I doubt there is any outside interference. I'd be interested in knowing if others have experienced the same issue and if this might be a problem during tournament play.
    Just FYI, gamepad data is only sent from the DS to the RC every 40ms, so a 27ms ping (13.5ms single way) still gets you updated gamepad data 3x faster than before you'll start to notice any "lag" when driving the robot.

Comment

Originally posted by emeflag View Post
      I can confirm this same change with 4.3 on ZTE phones

Comment

Working...
      X