No announcement yet.

TensorFlow Lite Tutorial

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guess I should mention that you know the mineral set is made up of two silver and one gold. Using this logic and two of the mineral locations you can deduce the third minerals location.

Comment

Originally posted by vmoudgal View Post
      also, is there a way to turn on and off the phone LED to illuminate the FOV? we see big swings based on the lighting conditions and wonder if the light from the LED will help. thanks for your assistance. Regards vivek
      See this thread. https://ftcforum.usfirst.org/forum/f...9-camera-flash

Comment

Hi Noah, Thanks for the link to the Camera Flash control commands. Will try it out. is there a way to increase the field of view of the camera (we are using landscape mode). thanks

Comment

11343_Mentor Could you respond to the following thread with details about your setup? Tom Eng is trying to reproduce the issue so he can debug and possibly improve the performance. In particular:

. Are you using a phone camera or a webcam? Which brand?

. What lighting environment are you using? Are there any lighting conditions that are particularly problematic?

. Where is the camera mounted (low looking horizontally, or high looking down on the minerals)?

. Is there anything else you notice that could be helpful for him to reproduce the problem?

https://ftcforum.usfirst.org/forum/f...-and-blue-tape
          CHEER4FTC website and facebook online FTC resources.
          Providing support for FTC Teams in the Charlottesville, VA area and beyond.

Comment

Originally posted by 11343_Mentor View Post
            Thanks, I also posted in multiple threads that this is not the issue we are seeing, we have been in auto rotate from the beginning. The issue is due to incorrect modeling of the silver mineral, IMHO.
            11343_Mentor - I'll see if I can do some testing with a bright environment (i.e., lower contrast) and see how the silver mineral detection goes. thanks for the helpful info/feedbac.

Tom

Comment

Thanks Tom. As I mentioned in the other thread, might I suggest you try with lighting like a typical school gymnasium lighting? I don't know what they are using these days, used to be mercury vapor lights, but this type of lighting is where the TensorFlow did not work very well. All of our competitions in our area are in school gyms.

Comment

when trying to create a new op mode based on the "ConceptTensorFlowObjectDetection" sample, it is not found in the drop-down box. Is there an update or other file(s) that need to be downloaded to be used as a sample?

Comment

I am part of team #15237 and this year is our first year participating and as the programmer I need help with formulating the code needed to give the robot the ability to be able to detect between the two different materials. I already have multiple different autonomous programs depending on where we start a game with our robot (if the crater is behind us or if the depot is). I need help writing the code (I use blocks programming). I would also like if the example that you guys give me also has strings where based on where the materials are how the robot moves (just so that I can get a general idea that I can later fine-tune).

Comment

Hello Msdickc, if you are already able to detect the location of the gold sample, AND assuming that your Robot has high enough clearance to pass over the samples without dislocating them, I would suggest attaching servo enabled arms on the two sides, as well as at the bottom of the robot to move the gold sample. this way the robot can make the same movement irrespective of the location of the gold sample and knock it off its location by just activating the appropriate arm. you will need two Autonomous programs depending on where you start (depot side or the Crater side of the lander). WRT safe paths, 1. if you start at the alliance depot (Gold sample) side, move so that the robot can park at the crater on the left side of the Robot. if starting on the Crater side (Silver sample) move the robot to end up at the same Crater. these paths will minimize chances of collisions on the field. Also hug the walls to the extent safely possible while moving so that you avoid knocking the silver samples on your way to the crater. Good luck.

Comment

Working...
                    X