Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Discussion about SDK 4.2 Tensorflow

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Discussion about SDK 4.2 Tensorflow

    We are excited to see tensorflow based object detection in 4.2. Thanks FTC tech team ! We will try this new feature next week end and report findings. Please share your experience.

  • #2
    FYI, the TensorFlow sample is broken so you're going to have to wait for a new SDK update to fix it before it can be used...

    Comment


    • #3
      Does anyone know when that will be?

      Comment


      • #4
        The fix was just released this evening.

        Comment


        • #5
          Great! You just planned our weekend. Let us see how it goes

          Comment


          • #6
            Got it working this morning! Worked pretty well at my office desk.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Cheer4FTC View Post
              Got it working this morning! Worked pretty well at my office desk.
              Excellent!

              Comment


              • #8
                We tested it today works very well with apk as well as using OnBot Java. We tried late evening so it worked in basement lighting so I assume it should work in day light as well. We have not tested yet combination of Vuforia trackables and Teflow yet. All testing was using back camera.
                question for FIRST - where can we find source code of Tflow libraries? It will good for teams to learn how exactly it works and able to modify for other objects

                Comment


                • #9
                  I think we can make it fail safe using getConfidance method

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    I have a couple questions related to tensorflow.
                    1. We are using blocks programming. Do we need to enter a vuforia developer license key somewhere in blocks? Or is that a requirement only for java?
                    2. Is tensorflow compatible with the ZTE Speed phones? Are any updates required to the OS to make it work on these phones?

                    When we first tried to use the tensorflow sample code we immediately received a fatal error related to the tfod initialization function. Is this indicative of a hardware incompatibility?

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      My understanding is OnBot java and blocks don

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        My understanding is onBot and blocks do not need vuforia key. If ZTE does not support then you should get runtime error as sample opmode checks if Tflow is supported. If you are getting compile time errors then clean up onBot or blocks cache. I had to do it as I got tons of error first time compiling in onbot

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by FTC12676 View Post
                          We tested it today works very well with apk as well as using OnBot Java. We tried late evening so it worked in basement lighting so I assume it should work in day light as well. We have not tested yet combination of Vuforia trackables and Teflow yet. All testing was using back camera.
                          question for FIRST - where can we find source code of Tflow libraries? It will good for teams to learn how exactly it works and able to modify for other objects
                          Hi FTC12676 - I believe Google has a repo that they hope to make it available to the FIRST community eventually. When this becomes ready I'll post more details.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            TensorFlow requires Android 6 Marshmallow, which is not available for the ZTE speed. There is a built in key for Blocks users .

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by NoahAndrews View Post
                              TensorFlow requires Android 6 Marshmallow, which is not available for the ZTE speed. There is a built in key for Blocks users .
                              Thanks for the information FTC12676 and NoadAndrews. You answered my questions. Unfortunately, we might have to invest in new phones.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X