Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Moto E4 Phones Disconnecting

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    Ok thanks... We have a several Motorola Moto G 2nd Gen phones. If we use the Moto G 2nd Gen phones for the DS and the Moto G5 or G5 Plus phones for the RC, the workaround is not needed. We won't be able use 5 GHz, but we will be able to use 2.4 GHz without the workaround. Is this correct?

    Comment


    • #32
      Also, if you change the Wi-Fi frequency band setting on the Moto G5 Driver Station phone to 5 GHz only (or 2.4 GHz only), would this resolve the issue?

      Comment


      • #33
        Originally posted by Alec View Post
        Ok thanks... We have a several Motorola Moto G 2nd Gen phones. If we use the Moto G 2nd Gen phones for the DS and the Moto G5 or G5 Plus phones for the RC, the workaround is not needed. We won't be able use 5 GHz, but we will be able to use 2.4 GHz without the workaround. Is this correct?
        Hi Alex,

        Yes, to the best of our knowledge yes, if you use the older phones as the Driver Stations you should not need the workaround.

        Also, thank you for the tip on the Wi-Fi Frequency Band. Perhaps by setting it to one band or the other it might resolve the issue! GREAT suggestion! We'll test this.

        Tom

        Comment


        • #34
          Alec,

          Do you only see that "Wi-Fi Frequency Band" option on the E4 phones? I do not see that setting on my E5 phone (which is also a dual-band phone).

          Tom

          Comment


          • #35
            Originally posted by Tom Eng View Post
            Alec,

            Do you only see that "Wi-Fi Frequency Band" option on the E4 phones? I do not see that setting on my E5 phone (which is also a dual-band phone).

            Tom
            I don't have an Moto E4 or G5. I have a Motorola Droid Turbo (XT1254) running Android 6.0.1 (i.e. non-FTC phone).

            The "Wi-Fi frequency band" setting on the Droid Turbo is located at [ Settings / Wi-Fi / ... / Advanced / Wi-Fi frequency band ].

            Comment


            • #36
              Originally posted by Tom Eng View Post

              Yes, to the best of our knowledge yes, if you use the older phones as the Driver Stations you should not need the workaround.

              Also, thank you for the tip on the Wi-Fi Frequency Band. Perhaps by setting it to one band or the other it might resolve the issue! GREAT suggestion! We'll test this.

              Tom

              Out of curiosity, is the workaround still needed for the 5.0 (Skystone) version of the app? I've looked at the README/ChangeLog to see if this problem has been addressed but wasn't able to find any mentions of it.

              Thanks!

              Pm

              Comment


              • #37
                Originally posted by FTC7172 View Post


                Out of curiosity, is the workaround still needed for the 5.0 (Skystone) version of the app? I've looked at the README/ChangeLog to see if this problem has been addressed but wasn't able to find any mentions of it.

                Thanks!

                Pm
                The workaround is no longer needed in v5.x https://github.com/FIRST-Tech-Challe...ster/README.md

                Comment

                Working...
                X