Fusin Controller Legallity???

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• S.T.E.M
    started a topic Fusin Controller Legallity???

Fusin Controller Legallity???

Hey y'all, Team 11653, (Super Terrific Engineering Maniacs or STEM) here. Over in Wyoming, we've been hearing a lot about this new Fusion Controller from Modern Robotics. I looked around and did some research, and nobody seems to know if it's legal or not. Is it legal for this season? If I need to post this somewhere else, please let know, we are totally new to the forum. Thanks!

Here's a link to the Fusion info page at Modern Robotics.com

https://modernroboticsinc.com/fusion-controller

• Modern Robotics Support
    replied
    The Fusion does support wireless game pads, just plug the game pad dongle into a USB port. It also has a built-in "Virtual Game Pad" that can be run from a laptop, tablet, etc, and an option to stream live video from a camera connect to the Fusion back to the virtual game pad display.

Java and C++ are not available yet but are scheduled to be available by summer 2019.

Leave a comment:

• 4634 Programmer
    replied
    Originally posted by Modern Robotics Support View Post
    As noted above the Modern Robotics Fusion Controller is not legal for FTC. A number of FTC teams are using the Fusion Controller to prototype and develop their robot and run it remotely from a device with Wi-Fi / browser as it avoids the complexity of phones, etc. which is where the idea of Fusion being legal may have come from. Teams then just switch to the Android / MRI / rev solution for competition.
    Does the Fusion controller support wireless gamepads and programming with Java / C++? If so I may be interested in using for an outreach bot...

Leave a comment:

• Modern Robotics Support
    replied
    As noted above the Modern Robotics Fusion Controller is not legal for FTC. A number of FTC teams are using the Fusion Controller to prototype and develop their robot and run it remotely from a device with Wi-Fi / browser as it avoids the complexity of phones, etc. which is where the idea of Fusion being legal may have come from. Teams then just switch to the Android / MRI / rev solution for competition.

Leave a comment:

• S.T.E.M
    replied
    Thanks! We'll keep chugging without it I guess....

Leave a comment:

• RedfishRobotics
    replied
    Originally posted by S.T.E.M View Post
    Hey y'all, Team 11653, (Super Terrific Engineering Maniacs or STEM) here. Over in Wyoming, we've been hearing a lot about this new Fusion Controller from Modern Robotics. I looked around and did some research, and nobody seems to know if it's legal or not. Is it legal for this season? If I need to post this somewhere else, please let know, we are totally new to the forum. Thanks!

Here's a link to the Fusion info page at Modern Robotics.com

https://modernroboticsinc.com/fusion-controller
    Hey S.T.E.M with the caveat that the only place to get Official answers to game or robot part questions is in the Game Q&A (that answers your question about a repost) the Fusion module is definitely not legal as per the game manual. We've attached a screen cap of what we think is the most relevant rule section, but there's likely others as well.

Good luck this season!

Leave a comment:

• 4634 Programmer
    replied
    The Fusion Controller is definitely not legal. See <RE17> in GM1.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X