Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Q&A Forum appears to be open.

I just noticed questions appearing (I think

Now we just need answers... Hopefully soon.

Comment

We noticed the same, in limited sub-categories.
      Michael P Clark
      Founding Mentor, FTC 9958
      http://www.redfishrobotics.com
      "We're Hooked on FIRST"

Comment

I dont seem to have permission to post questions. Something needs to be done beforehand ?

Comment

Originally posted by voltemort View Post
          I dont seem to have permission to post questions. Something needs to be done beforehand ?
          To post a game question you have to login to the forum with your team credentials, i.e. FTC12345. The password is somewhere in your team management pages on firstinspires.org

Comment

Originally posted by Alec View Post

The password is somewhere in your team management pages on firstinspires.org
            I've never been able to find the password online. If you can't find it, best bet is for a coach to contact [email protected]

Comment

I have a rules / scoring question. Not sure if this is the correct place to ask.
              My question is regarding end game points. Is it possible to get the 50 points for latching AND 15 points for parking partially in the crater by extending an arm out over the crater?

Comment

Originally posted by FTC13513 View Post
                ... Is it possible to get the 50 points for latching AND 15 points for parking partially in the crater by extending an arm out over the crater?
                <G24> Robot or Scoring Elements In Two or More Scoring Areas - Robots or Scoring Elements that are In two or more Scoring Areas earn points only for the highest value achievement. If the achievement values are equal, only one achievement counts as Scored...

Comment

I don't see any postin in Q&A

Comment

Originally posted by Alec View Post

<G24> Robot or Scoring Elements In Two or More Scoring Areas - Robots or Scoring Elements that are In two or more Scoring Areas earn points only for the highest value achievement. If the achievement values are equal, only one achievement counts as Scored...
                    Given recent rule clarifications, might also be ruled an entanglement risk to have an attachment reaching all the way back to the crater.
                    Michael P Clark
                    "We're Hooked on FIRST"

Comment

Are all sub-catergories of the Q&A forum open? I have only seen questions posted and answered in the game rules and robot inspection rules catergories, but I can't tell if this is because the other catergories aren't open or because no one has posted a question in them yet.

Comment

Originally posted by Noah View Post
                        Are all sub-catergories of the Q&A forum open? I have only seen questions posted and answered in the game rules and robot inspection rules catergories, but I can't tell if this is because the other catergories aren't open or because no one has posted a question in them yet.
                        Not sure if all cats are open, but I do know that different categories are responded to by different people, and, some answers require consultations with the GDC, so that may be having an effect.
                        Michael P Clark
                        "We're Hooked on FIRST"

Comment

Thanks for the clarification on <G24> about overlapping scoring. It helps.

Another question: Say our robot starts in the back red position, upper right. We place our team marker, then go to park in the crater at the top left of the field. We do not want to purposely knock off the blue alliance's silver mineral that may be in the way, but will we be penalized if we do? If we wanted to be nasty we would knock off 2 minerals to ensure they do not get the sampling points. Doing it would not be Gracious Professionalism, but it would be hard to judge whether it was on purpose or not. Would this be a penalty? If we knock off a silver mineral purely by accident will we be penalized?

Comment

Originally posted by FTC13513 View Post
                            Thanks for the clarification on <G24> about overlapping scoring. It helps.

Another question: Say our robot starts in the back red position, upper right. We place our team marker, then go to park in the crater at the top left of the field. We do not want to purposely knock off the blue alliance's silver mineral that may be in the way, but will we be penalized if we do? If we wanted to be nasty we would knock off 2 minerals to ensure they do not get the sampling points. Doing it would not be Gracious Professionalism, but it would be hard to judge whether it was on purpose or not. Would this be a penalty? If we knock off a silver mineral purely by accident will we be penalized?
                            My interpretation of <GS2> is your alliance gets a major penalty if you inadvertently and consequentially knock off an opposing alliance's silver mineral or inadvertently interfere with the opposing alliance's attempt to knock off their gold mineral. You also get a major penalty if you intentionally knock off an opposing alliance's silver mineral.

Comment

Working...
                            X