No announcement yet.

Gobilda legality

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just to close this thread out, the GDC has now ruled that ALL goBILDA motors that are essentially Modern Robotics motors + goBILDA gearboxes (i.e., all motors they currently offer) are legal.

Comment

Does this mean that we can choose the Unspecified motor in the configuration on the Robot Controller app or do we still have to do additional configuration on Android Studio?

Comment

FTC14534 we've had good luck choosing the "Matrix" motor in the config to substitute for the GoBilda motors that aren't listed in the config. We've had successes using this technique for the 1,600 RPM GoBilda (for our intake) as well as the GoBilda motors included in their KOP.
        Michael P Clark
        Founding Mentor, FTC 9958
        http://www.redfishrobotics.com
        "We're Hooked on FIRST"

Comment

Originally posted by RedfishRobotics View Post
          FTC14534 we've had good luck choosing the "Matrix" motor in the config to substitute for the GoBilda motors that aren't listed in the config. We've had successes using this technique for the 1,600 RPM GoBilda (for our intake) as well as the GoBilda motors included in their KOP.
          Thanks for confirming this. Wanted to check if your team or anybody else has tried using autonomous (RUN_USING_ENCODER) mode with these motors ?

Comment

Originally posted by voltemort View Post

Thanks for confirming this. Wanted to check if your team or anybody else has tried using autonomous (RUN_USING_ENCODER) mode with these motors ?
            We haven't tried Run_Using_Encoder (or To_Position ) but I'll see if I can get a quick test on our programmers list.
            Michael P Clark
            Founding Mentor, FTC 9958
            http://www.redfishrobotics.com
            "We're Hooked on FIRST"

Comment

Originally posted by RedfishRobotics View Post

We haven't tried Run_Using_Encoder (or To_Position ) but I'll see if I can get a quick test on our programmers list.
              Thanks and much appreciated. We have purchased these motors for both driving the wheels as well as linear slide. Since autonomous is so crucial, If these motors maintain similar accuracy as the Neverest and others in terms of CPR counting and running based on that then it will be awesome. Thanks !

Comment

Working...
              X