SDK 4.0 OnBotJava

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SDK 4.0 OnBotJava

I want to try out some of the sample opmodes in the new sdk V4. After installing the robot controller and driver station apps from the Play Store on a pair of Moto G4 Play phones (the name of the app still says V3.5 but in the notes is says it is the updated version) I am experiencing an odd problem. OnBotJava is unable to build the sample opmodes.

The build fails with the explanation that the getInstance() method in ClassFactory repository isn't found. Any ideas why this part of the sdk would not be available to OnBotJava? Android Studio has no trouble with the reference to that method.

thanks
    Russ (mentor for team 9808)

well, problem solved. I searched this forum for OnBotJava topics and found where Phil suggested "resetting the OBJ environment". it is pretty violent as it will wipe out any saved opmodes, but if you are starting from scratch anyway it isn't too big a deal. Anyway, resetting and then restarting the phone did the trick. After that OBJ was able to build opmodes. I should research more before posting.

Comment

In this case, the Verify command should also fix the issue (and its also less violent)

Comment

Originally posted by dmssargent View Post
        In this case, the Verify command should also fix the issue (and its also less violent)
        Hi David. Can you expand on what you mean by this? What is the actual process to use the "Verify" command. I'm not familiar with it.

Comment

Originally posted by Philbot View Post

Hi David. Can you expand on what you mean by this? What is the actual process to use the "Verify" command. I'm not familiar with it.
          Per the instructions for resetting OnBotJava, you will eventually see the following screen:
          Screenshot_2018-09-17 Code Editor.png

Instead of clicking the bright red "Reset" button, click the Verify button which issues the Verify command to OnBotJava. The difference between this and a complete reset is that this is not as destructive to user facing code, and it fixes fewer cases of OnBotJava corruption, but it should fix this case of corruption.

Comment

Originally posted by dmssargent View Post
            Instead of clicking the bright red "Reset" button, click the Verify button which issues the Verify command to OnBotJava.
            I recently correct this same problem on my own phone, and found that I needed to do the full "Completely Reset OnBotJava" in order to clear out artifacts remaining from a previous install.

It's worth thring the "Verify" options, but if this does not work, you should "download" your Java files and then use the Reset.

Note: As a matter of good housekeeping you should be making backups of your java programs periodically anyway.
            Simply right click on the java file name in the left hand tree, and select download. You should create a folder on you hard drive where you keep copies of all you java programs.

Comment

Working...
            X