Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Android Studio/Gradle versions for Rover Ruckus?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Android Studio/Gradle versions for Rover Ruckus?

We are co-hosting a kickoff event on 9/8 and it includes several tutorial sessions aimed at rookie teams (~30 teams).
    I would like to make AS setup as easy and quick as possible to allow us to walk teams through examples and help with getting them rolling. AS setup can be a long and daunting process - with multiple rounds of downloads, AS updates, AS plugin updates, and Gradle updates - both before and after download/import of the FTC SDK. This is taxing on new installers, on network bandwidth, and on our short time with mentors to guide them.
    To help make this easier, I am sending out a set of suggested setup instructions so they can arrive as ready as possible, and hopefully just have to update the FTC SDK - and not a bunch of AS stuff.
    Can someone involved with the FTC SDK please provide the compatible Android version, Android Studio plugins version, and Gradle versions, so I can make sure the teams are prepped. Many Thanks.

Originally posted by FTC7253 View Post
    We are co-hosting a kickoff event on 9/8 and it includes several tutorial sessions aimed at rookie teams (~30 teams).
    I would like to make AS setup as easy and quick as possible to allow us to walk teams through examples and help with getting them rolling. AS setup can be a long and daunting process - with multiple rounds of downloads, AS updates, AS plugin updates, and Gradle updates - both before and after download/import of the FTC SDK. This is taxing on new installers, on network bandwidth, and on our short time with mentors to guide them.
    To help make this easier, I am sending out a set of suggested setup instructions so they can arrive as ready as possible, and hopefully just have to update the FTC SDK - and not a bunch of AS stuff.
    Can someone involved with the FTC SDK please provide the compatible Android version, Android Studio plugins version, and Gradle versions, so I can make sure the teams are prepped. Many Thanks.
    Well SDK v4 won't come out till a week after kickoff so I'd say just run with the versions that work on the current (v3.7) SDK....

Comment

4634 Programmer - Where did you hear 1 week delay on v4?

Comment

Ken Johnson said it in a video just posted yesterday. The video is at https://www.twitch.tv/videos/306015636

I hope that a 4.0 Beta version is available at kickoff. The team I coach plans on building a robot to compete in a scrimmage 2 weeks after kickoff. Having the new SDK right away will help with being able to show off it's new features to other teams. And I know there are some groups trying to do a robot in a weekend.

Comment

Working...
        X