Phones in Storefront?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Phones in Storefront?

Which phones come with the Communications set if you order through the store front? Are they still the Moto G4 Play or a newer legal model?

Storefront KOP details are here: https://www.firstinspires.org/sites/...t-of-parts.pdf

Comment

The link doesn't tell which Moto G phones are included. We had the G4's last year, but I think we want to upgrade to the G5's. Not sure if we should order the kit or not?

Comment

Bumping this again in case anyone knows which phones are shipping with the KOP.
        Technical Coach, Newton Busters FTC 10138, FLL 3077
        Chicago 'burbs, IL

Comment

This is just 1 data point: I ordered the Communications set and received two Moto G4 Play phones.

Comment

We received Moto G4 Play phones as well

Comment

I checked with the FIRST staff member who purchases the phones for the storefront. I believe that all of the phones currently in the storefront are Motorola Moto G4 Plays as the other posters have confirmed.

Comment

Tom Eng , how do I tell what version of Motorola Moto phone I have? When I go under "Settings --> About phone", the model number is simply listed as "Moto G Play". I don't see any indication if the phones are G4 or G5. Thanks!

Comment

I'm a bit annoyed right now. Someone stole our phones in between seasons and even though there are 7 legal phones teams can use, I can only find phones through the storefront. It seems like FIRST needs to update the phones that are legal to use. Teams should be able to go to a local brick and mortar store and pick up phones like we could when we first made the switch.

Comment

Originally posted by FTC7792 View Post
                    I'm a bit annoyed right now. Someone stole our phones in between seasons and even though there are 7 legal phones teams can use, I can only find phones through the storefront. It seems like FIRST needs to update the phones that are legal to use. Teams should be able to go to a local brick and mortar store and pick up phones like we could when we first made the switch.
                    All the allowed models can be found online in places other than the storefront with ease:

Comment

sure you can find them but on sites like ebay etc. I am not sure why FIRST cannot allow phones that are mainstream each year. e.g Moto e4, e5, J6, G6 are easily available. all others are really hard to find with risk of getting old/used phones

Comment

The E4 is legal .

Comment

Yes e4 is legal but still it is old version. Current version is e5. All other listed are all last year or even before models. G5 is not available in US.

Comment

Also it is very difficult to find Xbox 360 controllers as it is discontinued by Microsoft. You can find many many Xbox controllers but part # do not match. For those who are searching use CDW , they have same part number. My point is FIRST need to check every year what is current version of phone and other consumer electronics and make it legal. Competition season starts in second half of year so we get good idea of products by then.

Comment

FTC7792 when I initially purchased my Moto G phones from the FTC store front a couple of years ago and knew what I was getting, I was able to buy the same model of phones (used at backups) at WalMart. They were a lot cheaper at WalMart than buying them from the FTC store front. So I would guess you could find the newer versions either at WalMart or online as others have suggested.

Comment

Working...
                              X