No announcement yet.

What USB camera to buy?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

@4634 : I am confused. I don't know how we got to gimbals.

If I was doing this, I'd (a) put cameras where I wanted them on the bot, (b) always be running Vuforia, (c) get my camera frames from vuforia and pass them to open cv, and (d) switch cameras on the fly as I desired / saw fit and useful, but only be getting frames from one camera at a time.

Does that make sense?

Comment

Originally posted by FTC0417 View Post
      @4634 : I am confused. I don't know how we got to gimbals.

If I was doing this, I'd (a) put cameras where I wanted them on the bot, (b) always be running Vuforia, (c) get my camera frames from vuforia and pass them to open cv, and (d) switch cameras on the fly as I desired / saw fit and useful, but only be getting frames from one camera at a time.

Does that make sense?
      What I was saying was that I want to mount my camera on a gimbal so that I can look around without moving the actual robot.

Comment

Also, always running Vuforia if you're only using OpenCV is a big waste of CPU cycles and increases latency.

Comment

Originally posted by FTC0417 View Post
          @12090 : At this point in time, I don't know how to describe things more succinctly and accurately than the post I made two days ago.
          What I was trying to suggest is editing the first post and listing the 6 or so allowed phones, and as you validate cameras with phones add them. Something like:
          Samsung S5 verified cameras: Camera1, Camera7
          ZTE Speed verifies cameras: CameraX
          etc.

Comment

So now that powered USB hubs are allowed, any updates on cameras that have been tested and found to work well?

Comment

Working...
            X