X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FTC12676
    started a topic Rev hub I2C connections for PixyCam

Rev hub I2C connections for PixyCam

Now that we figured out I2C protocol with the help of code shared by LeeAction, we are trying to use pixycam for aligning with cryptobox. Do we need to use level shifter for connecting pixycam on Rev hub I2C port or we can just connect directly. It looks like Pixycam I2C can work on 3.3 v but in it has weak pull up to 5 V as per pixy documentation. has anyone tried connecting pixy directly to Rev hub I2C port assuming we will make custom cable.

• FTC11411
    replied
    Originally posted by markshancock View Post
    I thought video camera (other than the phone) were not allowed per <RE13> unless they are only used for after-match viewing
    The Pixy is a camera sensor. The Android phone cannot get video or images off the Pixy at all which is probably why it is deemed legal.

Leave a comment:

• markshancock
    replied
    I thought video camera (other than the phone) were not allowed per <RE13> unless they are only used for after-match viewing

Leave a comment:

• FTC12676
    replied
    Thanks. I was curious as I saw some posts on Reddit where some teams are using without level shifter

Leave a comment:

• FTC11411
    replied
    We use the Pixy to the level shifter to the REV. We ended up buying a 10-pin ribbon cable and cutting it up to make the connection secure on the Pixy side. Aside from one problem during the very first meet this season, we haven't had a problem with the communications to the Pixy.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X