Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Better way to setup wifi connection between PC and Robot controller?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Better way to setup wifi connection between PC and Robot controller?

I believe it was Philbot who graciously put out a batch file last year to help connect the RC phone to a PC wirelessly. It was pretty convenient. Is that still the best way to establish the wireless connection for downloading the RC app and for debugging? I swear I saw something else a month ago but I can't find it now. Thanks!

Phil's guidance from last year should still be fine for those using ZTE Speed phones. If not using ZTE Speed phones, things are a bit tricky in comparison. A forum search for 'bluetooth ADB' will generate some useful results, as can joining the PC to the WiFi Direct group. Someone also recently mentioned using two wireless adapters on the PC to help facilitate connecting to both the phone WiFi Direct and an upstream wireless internet connection.

Comment

Originally posted by TullyNYGuy View Post
      I believe it was Philbot who graciously put out a batch file last year to help connect the RC phone to a PC wirelessly. It was pretty convenient. Is that still the best way to establish the wireless connection for downloading the RC app and for debugging? I swear I saw something else a month ago but I can't find it now. Thanks!

Phil does very helpful/clear videos. BotBug is a good solution for x64 windows machines, otherwise there is some info over here on how to setup a batch file. We also found adding a second wireless usb network adapter to be a great advantage:

http://ftcforum.usfirst.org/showthre...p-robot-active

Comment

Working...
      X