Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are solenoids allowed in 2016/2017 Season?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are solenoids allowed in 2016/2017 Season?

In the last season, solenoids were not allowed. I can see no rules in this season that would not permit push, pull or rotational solenoids from being used. Can someone please clarify this?

I would think they would be prohibited under RE17, but perhaps not. I would suggest that you ask for an official ruling in the Official Q&A thread.

Comment

Originally posted by FTC3391 View Post
      In the last season, solenoids were not allowed. I can see no rules in this season that would not permit push, pull or rotational solenoids from being used. Can someone please clarify this?
      Considering that there are no control modules for it, and nothing in he library to support them, I would think they are illegal.

Comment

Originally posted by Zero9001 View Post
        Considering that there are no control modules for it, and nothing in he library to support them, I would think they are illegal.
        They are illegal, but that's not the reason why. The MR motor controllers would be capable of driving suitable 12V DC solenoids by simply programming them to 100% "motor" power.

Comment

Interesting coincidence, what is effectively the same question was already asked and just answered in the Official Q&A forums:

http://ftcforum.usfirst.org/showthre...ll=1#post30306

Sounds like there is interest in solenoids, you may want to start a new thread or perhaps use this thread, to describe what you intended to use the solenoid to do, and see what suggestions others might have regarding alternative ways to achieve the desired result...

Comment

Working...
          X