ZTE Phone not holding a charge HELP!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ZTE Phone not holding a charge HELP!!

I was wondering if anyone else was having an issue with the ZTE Android phone not holding a charge? I have plugged it in but it does not charge. The only time the phone will charge is when it is powered off but then it only remains charged for a short period of time. Has anyone else had this problem? If so, how did you fix it and do you have any suggestions on how to keep this from being a problem during competition?

Assuming your battery is still good, you can try a couple of things to see what has become defective. The battery charging path consists of:
    - The USB wall plug
    - The USB charge cable
    - The ZTE phone connector
    - The battery

I also assume you have two of everything including the ZTE phones. If so, are both of them not charging or just one? If one of them is still charging good, then you can swap components to identify who became bad. These include the wall plug, the USB charge cable and the phone itself. Unfortunately, if you have a bad USB connector on the phone or bad battery, then you will have to replace the phone. You may check the phone connector by wiggling it and see if the charging will resume.

Comment

FTC11033 - I agree with mikets... definitely check your connections, particularly your USB cable and verify they are OK. When you are charging your phone with the phone powered off, do you notice if the LED is light on the phone? If it is not, the phone is not being charged.

Comment

The light is on but it is red. It will go orange but then quickly turn red again.

Comment

Did you have a second charging phone? If so, swap components and see what's not working.

Comment

BTW the ZTE phones are super super terrible. The battery will only last for about an hour or two.

Comment

Originally posted by patfanman101 View Post
              BTW the ZTE phones are super super terrible. The battery will only last for about an hour or two.
              For competition, you only need 2.5 minutes but for debugging we need it as long as possible preferably at least 4-6 hours. I wish the phones have removable batteries so that we can buy extra batteries and swap them. There are Android phones that have removable batteries but I think none of the "approved" ones have this feature.

Comment

Originally posted by FTC11033 View Post
                I was wondering if anyone else was having an issue with the ZTE Android phone not holding a charge? I have plugged it in but it does not charge. The only time the phone will charge is when it is powered off but then it only remains charged for a short period of time. Has anyone else had this problem? If so, how did you fix it and do you have any suggestions on how to keep this from being a problem during competition?

Just had to come back to this - I had my half dozen ZTE's plugged in overnight, one was conspicuously not winking at me with a Green (or red) light this morning. Couldn't turn it on, get it to charge with other chargers etc. DEAD from all appearances. So I took the back of, unscrewed 7 screws (one is under a tiny lock sticker) then pop the inner back off (slight tape around the volume/on buttons.) Disconnected the battery tab for about 10-15 seconds, reconnected and viola back to life. I had to do the same to a different member of our ZTE family last year. So if your phone appears completely dead, you might try this.

Comment

Originally posted by korimako View Post
                  Just had to come back to this - I had my half dozen ZTE's plugged in overnight, one was conspicuously not winking at me with a Green (or red) light this morning. Couldn't turn it on, get it to charge with other chargers etc. DEAD from all appearances. So I took the back of, unscrewed 7 screws (one is under a tiny lock sticker) then pop the inner back off (slight tape around the volume/on buttons.) Disconnected the battery tab for about 10-15 seconds, reconnected and viola back to life. I had to do the same to a different member of our ZTE family last year. So if your phone appears completely dead, you might try this.
                  Try this instead -
                  Hold Volume Up and Power to boot into recovery, then long press Power to reboot.

Comment

Originally posted by 3805Mentor View Post
                    Try this instead -
                    Hold Volume Up and Power to boot into recovery, then long press Power to reboot.
                    I had tried that in both of these cases - these two phones appeared COMPLETELY dead/unresponsive. Actually was just planning on salvaging the battery from the first, but it's been working for months...

Comment

Working...
                    X