X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FTC8767
    replied
    Originally posted by jrasor View Post
    The takeaway: build FTC SDK on Controller phone, not the Driver phone.
    Take heart in knowing you are not the first to make this simple mistake!
    I have had a number of kids make this same mistake multiple times. The first time I remind them which phone we load to & how the wi-fi direct works. If they make the same mistake a 2nd time, it is up to them to figure it out - even if it takes the whole meeting. It doesn't happen a 3rd time. ;-)

Leave a comment:

• jrasor
    replied
    Originally posted by Philbot View Post
    OK, so there seems like only two things to do at this point:

1) Verify that you are in fact running your latest code...
    2) If the build time is OK, then we need to see your project...
    Big fat operator error. I was putting the apps on the wrong phones. Gory details:

Developing on Linux. Looked through older logs on the Driver phone. MyOpmode was registered 4 times on 10/14, never again. No log from 10/13 is available; on that date the opmode ran correctly the first time.

Uninstall all FTC stuff from both phones. Install Driver app on Driver phone from GitHub. Build FTC SDK 2.35 on Controller phone. Run Driver app on Driver phone. Takes a few seconds to pair with Controller phone. When it does, it offers and runs MyOpmode.

Finally.

Restart both phones. MyOpmode runs.
    Uninstall all FTC stuff again, re-install Driver APK on Drive phone, rebuild Controller APK on Controller phone. MyOpmode runs.

It had to be something stupid.

The takeaway: build FTC SDK on Controller phone, not the Driver phone. Install Driver app on the Driver phone, not the Controller phone.
    Studio on Windows. Uninstall all FTC stuff from both phones. Re-install and rebuild as above on the proper phones: MyOpmode runs.

Leave a comment:

• Philbot
    replied
    Looks like the opmode added in Teamcode "MyOpmode" is not getting registered. Yes, I commented out the annotation @Disabled in the Teamcode. Full logs available on request (they're big).
    OK, so there seems like only two things to do at this point:

1) Verify that you are in fact running your latest code.
    This is an easy test... start the RC app, and then use the three dots menu to select "about".
    Check the "App Build Time" and see if it matches the last time you built and downloaded the app.

2) If the build time is OK, then we need to see your project....
    Can you zip up the project and upload it somewhere (google drive, dropbox etc).
    I'll grab it and build the project myself. It will be big, but may as well get the whole thing....

Phil.

Leave a comment:

• jrasor
    replied
    I would love to see the log generated when you do the Reproducible behaviour you have listed.
    Got the Driver and Controller logs off the Driver phone. Driver log has no occurrences of “opmode”. Controller log has many, of the following 3 general types:

10-14 10:19:48.383 7201 7201 D OpmodeRegistration: registered {DefaultOpMode} as {$Stop$Robot$}
    10-14 10:19:53.603 7201 7269 V RobotCore: thread: 'opmode loop()' starting...
    10-14 10:20:26.383 7201 7444 V RobotCore: thread: ...terminating 'opmode loop()'

Looks like the opmode added in Teamcode "MyOpmode" is not getting registered. Yes, I commented out the annotation @Disabled in the Teamcode. Full logs available on request (they're big).

Leave a comment:

• jrasor
    replied
    I can give specific directions [for accessing logs] knowing this...
    Phil.
    Thanks, Phil. I found instructions for doing that at https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B0z...pFSWpILW8/view and will give that a try tomorrow.

Leave a comment:

• jrasor
    replied
    What type of phone and computer do you have?
    Phones: ZTE Speed (N9130), factory reset, prepared as on https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n597U6rcl2Y
    Computer: ASUS X556U, dual booting Windows 10 Home and Linux Mint 18. All attempts to get opmode done on Windows except as noted.

Leave a comment:

• Philbot
    replied

Do you need to see the whole log? I don't know how to get it off there except by transcribing as above. Bleepin thing is very hard to read for 72-year old.
    What type of phone and computer do you have?

I can give specific directions knowing this...

Phil.

Leave a comment:

• jrasor
    replied
    Other attempted workarounds that fail with offer of empty opmode pulldowns:
    Build and deploy using Android Studio running on a Linux workstation.
    Try taking the phones far from the school's wireless network.
    Forget all WiFi Direct groups.
    Attach Core Module and some robot hardware. No help. Difference: Driver app reports voltage. Once, INIT button was bright; 2nd try, it was grayed. In neither case was tutorial opmode described at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TKPscPqsz8s offered.

Something noticed in last few days: Both phones --> Settings --> Self Inspect shows app version number 2.35 in red. Version 2.2 shows in black.

Leave a comment:

• jrasor
    replied
    Hi

Do you know how to access the Log File on the RC & DS Phones.
    I would love to see the log generated when you do the Reproducible behaviour you have listed.

I see many checks on the battery voltage.
    I see a few of "D dalvikvm WAIT_FOR_CONCURRENT_GC blocked 17ms" and similar.
    I see a very few of "D dalvikvm GC_CONCURRENT freed 2107K 44% free" and similar. That looks like garbage collection.
    I see a very few of "D dalvikvm GC_FOR_ALLOC freed 1700K 44% free" and similar. That looks like garbage collection.
    I cannot see anything about opmodes in there.

Do you need to see the whole log? I don't know how to get it off there except by transcribing as above. Bleepin thing is very hard to read for 72-year old.

Leave a comment:

• jrasor
    replied
    To access the log files, start the Robot Controller app. Tap lower right 3-bar button, or upper right 3-dot button. Settings. View logs. View the logs of the Robot Controller app.

Leave a comment:

• kevintmckay
    replied
    Maybe what I am looking for is a compiled binary so I dont see the string?

Leave a comment:

• kevintmckay
    replied
    I am having the same exact issue with no op mode showing up. I extracted the apk files and did a recursive search through the files for pushbot below is what I find. Shoulld't I find a pushbot.java? I am wondering if the template files are included with the apk's? I am a newb to the ftc thing....

[email protected]:~/Desktop/robot$ grep -ir pushbot *
    Binary file FtcDriverStation-release.apk_FILES/res/xml/pushbot.xml matches
    Binary file FtcDriverStation-release.apk_FILES/res/xml/pushbotsens.xml matches
    Binary file FtcDriverStation-release.apk_FILES/classes.dex matches
    Binary file FtcDriverStation-release.apk_FILES/resources.arsc matches
    FtcDriverStation-release.apk_FILES/META-INF/CERT.SF:Name: res/xml/pushbotsens.xml
    FtcDriverStation-release.apk_FILES/META-INF/CERT.SF:Name: res/xml/pushbot.xml
    FtcDriverStation-release.apk_FILES/META-INF/MANIFEST.MF:Name: res/xml/pushbotsens.xml
    FtcDriverStation-release.apk_FILES/META-INF/MANIFEST.MF:Name: res/xml/pushbot.xml
    Binary file FtcRobotController-release.apk_FILES/res/xml/pushbot.xml matches
    Binary file FtcRobotController-release.apk_FILES/res/xml/pushbotsens.xml matches
    Binary file FtcRobotController-release.apk_FILES/classes.dex matches
    Binary file FtcRobotController-release.apk_FILES/resources.arsc matches
    FtcRobotController-release.apk_FILES/META-INF/CERT.SF:Name: res/xml/pushbot.xml
    FtcRobotController-release.apk_FILES/META-INF/CERT.SF:Name: res/xml/pushbotsens.xml
    FtcRobotController-release.apk_FILES/META-INF/MANIFEST.MF:Name: res/xml/pushbot.xml
    FtcRobotController-release.apk_FILES/META-INF/MANIFEST.MF:Name: res/xml/pushbotsens.xml

Leave a comment:

• jrasor
    replied
    @Philbot,
    Thanks for your reply. I'll certainly take a look at the phones' log files.

What do you mean what you say: "The tutorial timer opmode is not offered."
    When your tutorial code works (something I've seen 5 times out of dozens of tries), the Driver app offers a Telop opmode "My Opmode" with a timer, exactly as in your YouTube tutorial.

Leave a comment:

replied
    Okay, figured out how to access the files. Sorry about that

Leave a comment:

replied
    Hi, thanks for replying. We are complete rookies so we're not sure how to access the log file

Leave a comment:

Working...
X