Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No OpModes appear on DC

Hi all,

I have read some of the other threads related to this problem, but none of the suggested solutions applied to our situation. On Android Studio, we clicked on "Run" and we ran our OpMode on the phone. But when the DC is connected to the RC, it doesn't pick up any of the OpModes. Our apps are the same version and the @Disabled has been disabled.

Are we incorrectly installing the app when we plug the phone into the computer and click "Run" on AS? The app shows up on the phone and runs, but I'm wondering if there is something we're missing.

Thanks!

Originally posted by clairelaffan View Post
    Hi all,

I have read some of the other threads related to this problem, but none of the suggested solutions applied to our situation. On Android Studio, we clicked on "Run" and we ran our OpMode on the phone. But when the DC is connected to the RC, it doesn't pick up any of the OpModes. Our apps are the same version and the @Disabled has been disabled.

Are we incorrectly installing the app when we plug the phone into the computer and click "Run" on AS? The app shows up on the phone and runs, but I'm wondering if there is something we're missing.

Thanks!
    Just verifying: Please answer each of these questions....

1) You have the Driver Station App loaded onto the Driver Station Phone
    2) You have removed or commented out one of the the @Disabled lines in an opmode.
    3) You connected the Robot Controller Phone to the PC and hit the RUN arrow, and saw the status say "Transferring APK" and "Launching APK" on the PC screen?
    No need to have the phone on the robot at this time (to perform this test). Just make sure the Driver Station is also running.
    4) The phones are truly "connected". That is: The robot made the startup noise, and the Up-tones (connect Noise)
    5) You can see the Ping Times changing on the driver station phone (the best indication that everything is connected. !!!!! Most Important !!!! )
    6) When all this has happened you have looked at BOTH the Auto and Telop opmode lists on the driver station.

Comment

Similar situation here for Team 5197. Most of the time, the Driver app offers empty opmode pulldowns; the programmed opmode does not appear. Gory details:

Identical ZTE phones, factory reset.
      Airplane mode ON, WiFi ON, Bluetooth OFF.
      Driver phone named 5197-DS. Controller phone named 5197-RC.
      Driver app installed on Driver phone from Google Play. Controller app installed on Controller phone from Google Play. Then disconnected from all networks.
      Android Studio 2.2 installed on a Windows 10 laptop. FTC SDK 2.35 imported as project on Studio.
      No robot is connected.

Reproducible behavior:
      Run Controller app on Controller phone. Run Driver app on Driver phone. Settings – pair with Controller – pair with 5197-RC. Controller phone continuously tries to configure WiFi, pairing fails.
      Restart both phones: they pair quickly.
      Do the Philbot tutorial at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TKPscPqsz8s .
      Run Controller app on Controller phone. Deploy the Philbot opmode to the Driver phone. It connects to Controller and gets pings from there; the Controller phone says the network is active and connected. But the Driver phone offers an empty TeleOpMode pull down and an empty Autonomous Opmode. The tutorial timer opmode is not offered.

Unstable behavior:
      The Controller phone will often complain that the Driver app is not running, when it is.
      Sometimes the Controller phone beeps rapidly, apparently getting and losing connection. Restarting both phones cures that.
      The Philbot tutorial worked 5 times out of dozens of tries: once on 10/12/16 before factory resetting the phones and using WiFi Direct instead of FTC Driver app pairing activity. It worked 4 times on 10/13/16 before factory resetting the phones. It never worked 10/14/16 after factory resetting the phones.

Attempted workarounds almost always fail with offer of empty opmode pulldowns:
      Deploy tutorial opmode directly to Controller phone.
      Uninstall apps from phones, rebuild and deploy from Studio.
      Use WiFi Direct instead of FTC Driver app to pair phones. That worked once, never again.

Status info for both apps:
      WiFi protocol version: v11.
      Android version: 4.4.4.
      SDK version: 2.35, same as at GitHub.
      SDK build date: 10/6/16

Comment

We're having the exact same problem. We've been through every instruction manual we can find and haven't gotten anywhere with the Op modes. Any help is greatly appreciated!

Comment

Have you added the respective @TeleOp or @Autonomous annotations to your OpMode (assuming your OpMode doesn't have them)?

Comment

Hi

Do you know how to access the Log File on the RC & DS Phones.
            I would love to see the log generated when you do the Reproducible behaviour you have listed.
            The Log file records all the OpModes found by the Robot Controller, and reported to the DS.
            It would tell us where the disconnect is.

You can use the File Manager app on each phone do delete the log files (which get big and messy) before running the test.
            Afterwards you can set the PC Connection to Media Mode and transfer the files of to a PC just treating the phone as an external drove.
            The logs are in the Phone root folder.

Originally posted by jrasor View Post
            Use WiFi Direct instead of FTC Driver app to pair phones.
            For the record, you should NEVER have to use an Android WiFi Direct method to pair the phones.
            You should ONLY configure the WiFi direct names, and then let the Apps do the pairing.

If they don't pair using the DS and RC apps, then doing it manually will only mess things up further.
            You can eliminate at least half of you problems by staying away from that action.

ps:
            I know you say you are using ZTE's but: for the record the Motorola phones cannot run WiFi Direct while a regular WiFi connection is active.
            So, if you ever have a WiFI connection active with another access point, the DS app will ask to reconfigure the WiFi to enable WiFi Direct... Always allow it.

What do you mean what you say: "The tutorial timer opmode is not offered."

Comment

Hi, thanks for replying. We are complete rookies so we're not sure how to access the log file

Comment

Okay, figured out how to access the files. Sorry about that

Comment

@Philbot,
                  Thanks for your reply. I'll certainly take a look at the phones' log files.

Originally posted by Philbot View Post
                  What do you mean what you say: "The tutorial timer opmode is not offered."
                  When your tutorial code works (something I've seen 5 times out of dozens of tries), the Driver app offers a Telop opmode "My Opmode" with a timer, exactly as in your YouTube tutorial.

Comment

I am having the same exact issue with no op mode showing up. I extracted the apk files and did a recursive search through the files for pushbot below is what I find. Shoulld't I find a pushbot.java? I am wondering if the template files are included with the apk's? I am a newb to the ftc thing....

kevin@desktop:~/Desktop/robot$ grep -ir pushbot *
                    Binary file FtcDriverStation-release.apk_FILES/res/xml/pushbot.xml matches
                    Binary file FtcDriverStation-release.apk_FILES/res/xml/pushbotsens.xml matches
                    Binary file FtcDriverStation-release.apk_FILES/classes.dex matches
                    Binary file FtcDriverStation-release.apk_FILES/resources.arsc matches
                    FtcDriverStation-release.apk_FILES/META-INF/CERT.SF:Name: res/xml/pushbotsens.xml
                    FtcDriverStation-release.apk_FILES/META-INF/CERT.SF:Name: res/xml/pushbot.xml
                    FtcDriverStation-release.apk_FILES/META-INF/MANIFEST.MF:Name: res/xml/pushbotsens.xml
                    FtcDriverStation-release.apk_FILES/META-INF/MANIFEST.MF:Name: res/xml/pushbot.xml
                    Binary file FtcRobotController-release.apk_FILES/res/xml/pushbot.xml matches
                    Binary file FtcRobotController-release.apk_FILES/res/xml/pushbotsens.xml matches
                    Binary file FtcRobotController-release.apk_FILES/classes.dex matches
                    Binary file FtcRobotController-release.apk_FILES/resources.arsc matches
                    FtcRobotController-release.apk_FILES/META-INF/CERT.SF:Name: res/xml/pushbot.xml
                    FtcRobotController-release.apk_FILES/META-INF/CERT.SF:Name: res/xml/pushbotsens.xml
                    FtcRobotController-release.apk_FILES/META-INF/MANIFEST.MF:Name: res/xml/pushbot.xml
                    FtcRobotController-release.apk_FILES/META-INF/MANIFEST.MF:Name: res/xml/pushbotsens.xml

Comment

Maybe what I am looking for is a compiled binary so I dont see the string?

Comment

To access the log files, start the Robot Controller app. Tap lower right 3-bar button, or upper right 3-dot button. Settings. View logs. View the logs of the Robot Controller app.

Comment

Originally posted by Philbot View Post
                          Hi

Do you know how to access the Log File on the RC & DS Phones.
                          I would love to see the log generated when you do the Reproducible behaviour you have listed.

I see many checks on the battery voltage.
                          I see a few of "D dalvikvm WAIT_FOR_CONCURRENT_GC blocked 17ms" and similar.
                          I see a very few of "D dalvikvm GC_CONCURRENT freed 2107K 44% free" and similar. That looks like garbage collection.
                          I see a very few of "D dalvikvm GC_FOR_ALLOC freed 1700K 44% free" and similar. That looks like garbage collection.
                          I cannot see anything about opmodes in there.

Do you need to see the whole log? I don't know how to get it off there except by transcribing as above. Bleepin thing is very hard to read for 72-year old.

Comment

Other attempted workarounds that fail with offer of empty opmode pulldowns:
                            Build and deploy using Android Studio running on a Linux workstation.
                            Try taking the phones far from the school's wireless network.
                            Forget all WiFi Direct groups.
                            Attach Core Module and some robot hardware. No help. Difference: Driver app reports voltage. Once, INIT button was bright; 2nd try, it was grayed. In neither case was tutorial opmode described at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TKPscPqsz8s offered.

Something noticed in last few days: Both phones --> Settings --> Self Inspect shows app version number 2.35 in red. Version 2.2 shows in black.

Comment

Originally posted by jrasor View Post

Do you need to see the whole log? I don't know how to get it off there except by transcribing as above. Bleepin thing is very hard to read for 72-year old.
                              What type of phone and computer do you have?

I can give specific directions knowing this...

Phil.

Comment

Working...
                              X