No announcement yet.

What is the recommended phone?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It appears that the Moto G 3rd Gen is now 'out of stock' via Moto Maker. If Lenovo does not choose to bring the Moto G 3rd Gen back into production, this leaves us with no 'approved' phones that are; not discontinued, has a reliable inventory of new units available from a first-tier supplier, has a reasonably current 'official' Android load, etc. Now, there may be sufficient stock remaining in the supply chain to meet the needs of FIRST for the rest of the season, or Lenovo may continue to build 'stock' Moto G 3rd Gen units outside of Moto Maker, but hopefully additional 'newish' phones (at reasonable prices) will be qualified.

Comment

I wish refurb Nexus 5's were cheaper. They're really the ultimate (approved) phone.

Comment

Trying to track down another set of phones has been mildly frustrating due to the wild variation in price and availability.

We'll probably settle for $10 used ZTE Speeds off an auction site or trade-in. They may be scratched up, but they will get that way quickly, anyway, when used on a robot. The only thing I'd really be worried about from going used is that the battery may not be that great.
        FTC 4962 / 3638
        FLL 11 / 21 / 9293

Comment

Back from vacation and I'm trying to repeat this process on the rest of the Virgin Mobile phones we bought. Now, when I request the unlock codes, I'm not receiving the emails with the unlock codes. It seems to accept the string of numbers, gives me the unlock button and says I should have received an email.

With the phone I did earlier, that email came back instantly (it showed up under the promotions in gmail that time). It's not going into spam or trash either. Any ideas? Has anyone else had this problem?

Thanks,
          Jim
          Jim Jackson
          Coach/Mentor Teams 10780,11296,11297,11298,11300

Comment

If you are requesting multiple unlocks to the same email address, they may have implemented some limitations on that. Have you tried a different email address per phone?

Comment

I think something was just not working on the Motorola site or in email routing. I had tried multiple times using two different addresses. I received replies to all of them simultaneously about 4 or 5 hours later but the messages were actually time stamped at the times I made the requests.

I'll keep that in mind about the email addresses. It will be curious to see if that happens.

Thanks,
              Jim
              Jim Jackson
              Coach/Mentor Teams 10780,11296,11297,11298,11300

Comment

Good to hear things worked out!

Comment

Working...
                X