ADB Wireless Connection Utility

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ADB Wireless Connection Utility

Among the many things that seem to be more complicated this year, in regards to the new field control system, is the difficulty in creating a wireless connection between the device and the programming studio. Last year it was just a matter of opening up a connections window and clicking a few buttons. Now it requires commands through command prompt. This can be sped up by using batch files (loads of credit to Philbot for this), but that can still be a little slow at times and I kind of miss having a nice UI with clickable controls and easily viewable information about connections. So I decided to create a program that will manage the ADB connections process. This makes the connections process very easy, and once everything is configured a connection can be made in under 20 seconds which is actually an improvement over the old system!

Loading Connection Utility v7.1
    Features:
    -Easily manageable hosted network creation
    -Automatically connect devices
    -List devices that are connected
    -Helpful help files

Screenshots:

Video:
    Video coming Soon! For now, check out this section of my getting started guide: Getting Started Guide video

--->Download<---
    Note: some out of date virus protection software might flag it. When I ran a check of the utility on virustotal.com, it was only flagged by two antivirus programs, both of which I had never heard of. If your antivirus software flags it, make sure it is updated to a recent version and let me know if the issue persists.

If you have any bugs to report, or improvements to suggest, let me know!

-DakotaSamuel

Do you have source code you can share?
    FTC6460 mentor (software+computer vision+electronics), FPGA enthusiast. In favor of allowing custom electronics on FTC bots.
    Co-founder of ##ftc live chat for FTC programming--currently you may need to join and wait some time for help--volunteer basis only.

Comment

You bet. Here it is:

Download Zip

It is written in Autoit whichh is a VB-like language generally used for automating windows tasks. Sorry for the poor documentation. I kind of didn't do it.

-DakotaSamuel

Comment

I had this almost written in VB .NET, but I didn't have time to finish it, so good job, but I have never heard of AutoIt, until now.

Comment

Yeah, it is not a very common language. But it is really easy to use, and has a great community.

-DakotaSamuel

Comment

Working...
          X