Robot Controller fast battery drain

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Robot Controller fast battery drain

I've noticed that the battery on the Robot Controller device drains very quickly. For every ~1/3 or ~1/4 the Driver Station device drained, the Robot Controller would drain completely.
    Then I had to factory reset both devices, and it's not as bad but still drains noticeably faster.

Is anyone else having this issue? Any way to reduce the battery usage? Maybe an app I forgot to disable?

Originally posted by ftcbisonb View Post
    I've noticed that the battery on the Robot Controller device drains very quickly. For every ~1/3 or ~1/4 the Driver Station device drained, the Robot Controller would drain completely.
    Then I had to factory reset both devices, and it's not as bad but still drains noticeably faster.

Is anyone else having this issue? Any way to reduce the battery usage? Maybe an app I forgot to disable?
    The Robot Controller will burn power at a faster rate. I think because it's acting as the Group Owner for the Wi-Fi Direct group.

One thing you can do is turn off the GPS on both devices to try and conserve power and dim the screen on the Robot controller (I believe that app will automatically dim the screen, but you can manually adjust it to so that when you're working on it the screen is dimmer than normal).

Comment

Working...
    X