Training details / ZTE Speed confirmed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ctaranto View Post
    Thanks for the quick updates! Great to hear that things are progressing.

Can you comment on whether the FTC-sourced ZTE Speed is identical to a retail version? In other words, can we buy them now or is it advisable to wait?

Thanks again...

-Craig
    The ZTE Speed phones in the kits from FIRST will be identical to the commercial ones available in stores. ZTE was adamant about only providing commercial items to us. Note that I believe that for teams in the US the kits available from FIRST will include a pair of ZTE phones.

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Eng View Post
      The ZTE Speed phones in the kits from FIRST will be identical to the commercial ones available in stores. ZTE was adamant about only providing commercial items to us. Note that I believe that for teams in the US the kits available from FIRST will include a pair of ZTE phones.
      Thanks, Tom. When you say "kits", what else besides the phone would be a part of that? Also, is there an estimate of when this will be available (in the US)? I hope this wasn't already answered and I'm asking again...

-Craig
      FTC Team 8681 - A Few Loose Screws: Mentor (2014- )

Comment

Tom you are saying a pair of phones. I thought the robot would have a phone and the drive station would have a tablet. Could you clarify this?

Comment

Originally posted by FTC5501 View Post
          Tom you are saying a pair of phones. I thought the robot would have a phone and the drive station would have a tablet. Could you clarify this?
          See post #13 above.
          Jim Bates
          Atlantic County NJ 4-H Robotics
          FLL Teams 71 & 13365
          FTC Team 9765

Comment

Thanks Jim! I try to stay up to date on all of these new posts but missed it.

Comment

Hi Jim, curious when the Legacy Modules will be available, or if the design files for them will be published in the future in the spirit of OSHW. Our team may be able to come up with an FPGA implementation.

Comment

I noticed he said the phones will be included but I will need another 15 set ups for my class. I know we are limited on how number of kits we can buy according to the number of teams we have. I was able to buy the necessary phones for $50 each but I would need another 15 KOP (less the phones) for classroom use.

Comment

Originally posted by jbernhardt View Post
                  I noticed he said the phones will be included but I will need another 15 set ups for my class. I know we are limited on how number of kits we can buy according to the number of teams we have. I was able to buy the necessary phones for $50 each but I would need another 15 KOP (less the phones) for classroom use.
                  I specifically asked one of the engineers at the demo at FIRST Championships about the ability to buy extra controllers (presumably you would just need the legacy controller module) and he said that we would be able to purchase extra.
                  FTC 4962 / 3638
                  FLL 11 / 21 / 9293

Comment

Working...
                  X