This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 2010FTC2859
    Like in the end game, do you get extra points for balancing with a field element during the autonomous period?
    No. Only a balanced robot earns points at the end of the autonomous period. There is no bonus for balancing additional objects (i.e. rolling goals)

Comment

Does rule G8 apply to robots that are intentionally programmed to collide and entangle an opposing robot to disrupt a known opponent’s play during the autonomous period? If so, can the offending team in question be asked by judges to run their autonomous program again after the match to determine the intent of that program or to have the programming reviewed to determine intent?
      <G8> applies during all periods of the match. It does not provide protection from collision.

A team programming their robot to play defense by blocking/impeding another robot is well within the rules and should be anticipated and planned for.

As to the determination of any potential intentional entanglement, that will be up to the referees on the field at the time of the match, based on the situation as it occurs.

Comment

At our last competition, a team employed an autonomous strategy where they pushed the rolling goal underneath the bridge before crossing to the over side via the mountain. This play caused their opposing robots who attempted to cross the bridge to flip off on the other side (preventing their intended play) prevented robots who tried to balance on the said bridge during autonomous. This robot repeated this action over 6 consecutive matches that we observed, so the jamming of field elements was intentional. Is this play illegal because of rule G8, i.e. since it results in intentional tipping, entanglement, or damage?
        The determination of intent will always be based on the judgment of the referees on the field at the time of the match.

Comment

Starting Position

Originally posted by 2010FTC4251
          May a robot be touching the field perimeter, i.e. the metal extrusion along the bottom of the field or the clear plastic field wall. i.e. would a robot positioned in the taped off starting location with it's rear wheels against the "rear" wall be in a legal starting position?

Yes, robots in contact with the field perimeter are in a legal starting position.

Comment

Working...
          X