Putting Tetrix Tracs on Creo Model

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Putting Tetrix Tracs on Creo Model

We are trying to figure out how to connect Tetrix tracs to our robot design. Can anyone help?

Are you referring to Tetrix Treads?
    http://www.pitsco.com/TETRIX_Tank_Tread_Chain_Links

-DakotaSamuel

Comment

We were having problems too... It is not an easy or quick process. We actually made a youtube video answering this question. You can see it at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mqg_...?v=mqg_TYQMiU0. You can also email me at [email protected] and I can walk you through it...

Comment

Nice video womc! Yes, that is a possible solution, but what I usually do goes something like this:
        (had to link to most of the pictures because of the 4 image limit...)

1. Get measurements to create a curve that matches the path you want the tread to follow. I usually choose two perpendicular surfaces from the assembly and use them as the origin for my measurements. Then I record the distances to the centers of the pulleys or wheels as XY offsets from those surfaces. Also need to figure out the diameter of the pulleys, wheels and sprockets. This can be a little difficult for the sprockets since the tread rolls on the pitch diameter, and not the outside diameter.

2. Create a new assembly for the tread.

3. Sketch the curve. Start with circles which will represent the pulleys. Make them offset from the X and Y planes by the dimensions recorded earlier, and give them the corresponding diameters.

4. Add tangent lines between all the circles and delete unnecessary segments to create a complete curve.

5. Create two points along the curve. Make sure when they are added the entire curve is selected. Set the dimensions to real, and make the first point offset by 0, and the second one by whatever the pitch of the tread is. On the tetrix tread, the pitch is about 9.92722mm. This is the distance between the two connecting points of the tread.

6. Make sure the tread link which will comprise the tread has a point centered at both of these connecting locations. The tetrix tread link already does.

7. Add the tread link to the assembly. Make one of the connecting location points coincidental to the first point on the curve and set the second one to oriented to the second point on the curve.

8. Select the curve datum point from the model tree. Create a pattern of it. Add both points to direction 1 and set the increments to the pitch of the chain (9.92722mm in this case). Then adjust the number of pattern numbers until the entire curve is filled. It may not come out even if the length of the curve is not divisible by the pitch length.

9. Create a pattern of the tread link. It should reference the earlier pattern by default.

10. Add the finished tread into the assembly. Constrain the X plane of the tread assembly to the surface chose at the beginning. Do the same for the Y plane. Then offset the remaining plane by distance. I usually just drag it until it looks close enough.

And that is all! Let me know if you have questions!

-DakotaSamuel

Comment

Working...
        X